Photo

Spare The Medical Treatment Kill The Child

fail healing i mean faith pennsylvania faith probation involuntary manslaughter medical care

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,806 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 17:14

I fail to see how a theist believing a medical doctor works through the hand of God is insulting said doctor. YMMV.

i fail to see why you fail to see that it is insulting.

#62 thechronic

thechronic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,016 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 17:24

That's like saying well, god will provide for my family financially therefore i won't work and will spend the day praying. idiots.

#63 Joseph B

Joseph B

Neowinian Senior

• 2,801 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 17:28

Oh boy! I hope I get that new basketball I have been praying for!

#64 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,567 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 18:05

I hate when people say that. It belittles the skills of the doctors and nurses who worked damn hard to learn their skills. Mysterious ways my backside.

I was saying, from their point of view... I don't see why if they believe in an all-powerful God, why they think his power would stop at the door of a doctor's office. Don't twist my meaning, please.

#65 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,030 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 18:40

I was saying, from their point of view... I don't see why if they believe in an all-powerful God, why they think his power would stop at the door of a doctor's office. Don't twist my meaning, please.

Sorry, but that's not what you said, at all.

#66 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,004 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:20

Umm, mormons didn't invent the TV, that was invented in England by John Logie Baird, an atheist.

Guess it depends on wether you talk about the monitor or the TELEvision.

That's like saying well, god will provide for my family financially therefore i won't work and will spend the day praying. idiots.

There are actually people who live that way...

#67 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,497 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 16:38

I hate when people say that. It belittles the skills of the doctors and nurses who worked damn hard to learn their skills. Mysterious ways my backside.

What were you dropped on your head?

She just said that the doctors can help, and this help is just another way God could be seen to be helping.. Be it by motivating them to be doctors and help others or whatever..

It doesn't detract from the dedication of the doctor, nor their skill. It's just another way for a different person (with different beliefs) to look at them and their skills.

If you're going to attack something, attack something that is actually offensive, don't cherry pick an unrelated statement and go after it..

Respect--;

Sorry, but that's not what you said, at all.

Yeah, yeah it was.

#68 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,806 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:31

and this help is just another way God could be seen to be helping.

you honestly believe an omnipowerful being needs help?

#69 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,497 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:34

you honestly believe an omnipowerful being needs help?

By definition? No.

There's is, however, more than one way to skin a cat.

Also, this is a question better suited to someone who still believes. I'm just pointing out that Charisma didn't say what FloatingFatman tried to present her as saying.

#70 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,113 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:39

So you are in effect denying them their freedom to practice their faith be it Christian,

What about the right of the child ? Maybe he wants to be cured so one day when he is old enough he might be able to choose his own belief which is part of his right as an american.

The problem with religious nuts his they are not happy to only believe they must force other people including their own childs to believe too.

#71 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:45

What about the right of the child ? Maybe he wants to be cured so one day when he is old enough he might be able to choose his own belief which is part of his right as an american.

The problem with religious nuts his they are not happy to only believe they must force other people including their own childs to believe too.

It was God's will that they not be able to chose. :pinch:

#72 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:31

My opinion is if the parents don't take the child to a doctor, and the child dies because of it, it is murder.Religious beliefs be damned. We are talking about a human being here.