Modern high-end Android phones with a removable battery?

They are absolutely necessary for many people. It's frustrating being away from home for the day and having your battery die on you.

For the day? The standby time any phone nowadays is like a week. Straight talk time is almost a days usage now.

For the day? The standby time any phone nowadays is like a week. Straight talk time is almost a days usage now.

I use my phone lots. Videos/music/Facebook/Web on the train, Google Maps to find my way around a place, camera to take photos of things etc.

Clearly we use phones in different ways, and in the ways I use them, I now need a phone with a removable battery.

• 6 months later...

I am in the same boat as King Mustard.

Satnav seems to eat the most battery, but browsing and photos on top of that do not help!

Also, contrary to what some people believe, it is bad for the battery to fully discharge.

I was doing this on the N8 and had to replace the battery after about a year.

I have not had to do this on the 808 after the same length of time, as I am more careful not to do this.

I found an external battery extremely useful but also annoying having it hanging.

I also find a removable battery useful when my phone crashes.

My partner has Note 2 and SG3 but I don't find the cameras to be good enough. King Mustard, what model did you settle for?

I am in the same boat as King Mustard.

Satnav seems to eat the most battery, but browsing and photos on top of that do not help!

Also, contrary to what some people believe, it is bad for the battery to fully discharge.

I was doing this on the N8 and had to replace the battery after about a year.

I have not had to do this on the 808 after the same length of time, as I am more careful not to do this.

I found an external battery extremely useful but also annoying having it hanging.

I also find a removable battery useful when my phone crashes.

My partner has Note 2 and SG3 but I don't find the cameras to be good enough. King Mustard, what model did you settle for?

I had an Anker 4400mAh battery with my S III. Worked fine.

I'm now using a ZeroLemon 7500mAh battery with my S4.

I would have liked to stick with Anker for my S4 after my positive S III experience but the Black Mist variant of their 5200mAh battery wasn't available on Amazon UK at the time.

Also, Anker had a 5600mAh battery with integrated Smart Cover that I would have preferred over their 5200mAh battery with no Smart Cover but they wasn't available in the UK.

It appears Anker now offer a 7600mAh battery but again, it's unlikely it'll be offered in the UK, so I'm not annoyed I went with the ZeroLemon product. It works very well.

Note: All batteries mentioned above include a separate and needed back cover.

My HTC One and Nexus 5 both make it through a work day with plenty of juice left to spare. If I need extra battery power (long trips or long periods of time w/o access to a charger, I use an external battery pack.

I agree, I would never buy a phone that does not have a removable battery unless I had NO OTHER CHOICE. Like others have said in the thread, I like being able to replace a battery if I have to. It also allows me to buy used phones on eBay and replace the battery for cheap.

The last new phone I owned was an LG phone flip phone in 2005 when I got my first cell phone. The other phones have all been phones bought either off Le Mars swap or Ebay

LG envy touch - eBay

Samsung Fasinate - Facebook Swap

HTC Incredible II - eBay

Samsung Galaxy III (Current Phone) - eBay Used free shipping like new $222 out of contact.

I am usually a big proponent of having an extra battery, but when I got my Note II, it seems to suffice and the charge lasts long enough between outlets that I don't really need an extra one. What we really need are devices with sufficient batteries. My Galaxy Nexus was laughably bad, couldn't even get through a full work day without charging.

Here's an option, look at the phones which have longer battery lives anyway, the G2 is known for this and I don't know if there is a newer version of the Droid MAXX because Motorola have basically pulled out of the UK. The Droid Maxx can do two days easy.