Photo

Modern high-end Android phones with a removable battery?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:13

My HTC One and Nexus 5 both make it through a work day with plenty of juice left to spare. If I need extra battery power (long trips or long periods of time w/o access to a charger, I use an external battery pack.

#32 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:00

LG Optimus G Pro has a big removable battery, and I just bought a 9300 mAh (+ custom back) battery for use when hunting, camping etc.

#33 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:15

I agree, I would never buy a phone that does not have a removable battery unless I had NO OTHER CHOICE. Like others have said in the thread, I like being able to replace a battery if I have to. It also allows me to buy used phones on eBay and replace the battery for cheap.

The last new phone I owned was an LG phone flip phone in 2005 when I got my first cell phone. The other phones have all been phones bought either off Le Mars swap or Ebay

LG envy touch - eBay

Samsung Fasinate - Facebook Swap

HTC Incredible II - eBay

Samsung Galaxy III (Current Phone) - eBay Used free shipping like new $222 out of contact.

#34 NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo

Neowinian

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:21

I am usually a big proponent of having an extra battery, but when I got my Note II, it seems to suffice and the charge lasts long enough between outlets that I don't really need an extra one. What we really need are devices with sufficient batteries. My Galaxy Nexus was laughably bad, couldn't even get through a full work day without charging.

#35 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:23

Here's an option, look at the phones which have longer battery lives anyway, the G2 is known for this and I don't know if there is a newer version of the Droid MAXX because Motorola have basically pulled out of the UK. The Droid Maxx can do two days easy.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!