Second-Hand Smoke Bad for Cats, Dogs and Birds

tufts university cancers carcinogens

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,942 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:16

Captain Obvious strikes again. I always have an urge to punch heads of all smokers in public so far down their throats they'd have to remove their pants next time they want to read. Unfortunately, my physique doesn't permit that sort of behavior.

Arm yourself with a Hand Fan, and don't be shy or hesitates to use it whenever there some smokers' smokes are flying at your direction.

#17 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,016 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:17

So before this, someone actually believed that something that kills humans, maybe ok for other living creatures? Idiots.

#18 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,862 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 22:29

I did. Unfortunately I still smoke but I will not subject my pets to it. It all goes outside whether it's raining or 20 degrees out.

You are mighty cool. ;)

#19 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,382 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 23 April 2013 - 00:45

Smoking should be totally banned. It's not only killing smokers but those people and pets around them. To do that is just wrong.

High fat/sugar/salt foods should be banned. It's not only killing people, but it is putting strain on the healthcare system by tying up medical staff with lifestyle diseases and it is costing the taxpayer millions.

Alcohol should be totally banned. not only is it killing the drinker, but alcohol leads to accidents and anti-social behaviour which put strain on our emergency services and police forces. This is a waste of taxpayer money.

Just sayin'.

#20 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,984 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:04

I did. Unfortunately I still smoke but I will not subject my pets to it. It all goes outside whether it's raining or 20 degrees out.

Same here. I have not smoked AT ALL in my home since I moved in over 6 years ago now. It actually grosses me out when I go to someones home who does smoke inside it, and as stated, I am a smoker.

I know it is the dumbest thing I do. I know I need to quit. And I absolutely know to never smoke around pets. That is just common sense, smoker or not.
I actually do not even let my dog come up and kiss me if I have been outside smoking, and make sure to go wash my hands and face until he does, I am that conscience of it.

#21 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:20

I swear, sometimes scientists just like wasting piles of cash just so they can state the bleedin' obvious...

They have to get paid for something so it might as well be something obvious and doesn't take too much work for them.