• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: hammerhead

Posted 21 April 2013 - 23:43

I've heard pretty poor things about Razer support. It has what has kept me from buying a ultimate blackwidow 2013 KB

i dunno man ive only heard good things and this topped it for me http://www.neowin.ne...cent-off-coupon

but in the OP's case i dont know what support will do for him as he broke the key using a screwdriver to pry it up maybe he can buy a new key + pieces from their support team i dunno

My experience with razer support is exactly the opposite. My $130 razer mouse had an issue and not only did they make me pay for shipping for the replacement, I had to send my original to them first, and I had to pay for that as well. So may $130 mouse ended up costing me close to $170.

Imo everyone should stay as far away from razer products as they can. They're very cheaply made and they're basically designer products so they cost an arm and a leg.

To the OP...good luck getting it replaced. If you bought it within a year it should still be under warranty but like with my situation they'll probably make you pay for shipping.

that sounds about right, MOST companies have you pay for shipping to them when dealing with RMA, ive yet to have a company pay for me to ship it to them

#17 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 00:02

i dunno man ive only heard good things and this topped it for me http://www.neowin.ne...cent-off-coupon

but in the OP's case i dont know what support will do for him as he broke the key using a screwdriver to pry it up maybe he can buy a new key + pieces from their support team i dunno

that sounds about right, MOST companies have you pay for shipping to them when dealing with RMA, ive yet to have a company pay for me to ship it to them

Well, in comparison, Logitech doesn't. 3 times I've used their customer support. All 3 times they sent out replacements with no questions asked, I could keep my original products, and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

For reference though, the 3 times were for minor cosmetic issues, as well. Like the rubber coating starting to peel off on the grip for my G9 mouse. The razer mouse I sent back had an issue with the mouse wheel and the charging cord started fraying that made it unuseable.

Here's something else to consider. The third time I had to get help from logitech customer support my product was past it's 3 year warranty/purchase date. They still helped me with no questions asked. The issues I had with my $130 razer mouse all happened within 3 months of purchase.

Of course, maybe I just got lucky and some nice support people helped me with my logitech issues and the guy at razer was just a dick.

#18 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 22 April 2013 - 00:10

It's fixable, but the fix would only be temporary at best.

Btw, I detect you've been eating cheetos while typing...

the Cheetos police ! :woot:

Posted Image

#19 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: hammerhead

Posted 22 April 2013 - 00:13

Well, in comparison, Logitech doesn't. 3 times I've used their customer support. All 3 times they sent out replacements with no questions asked, I could keep my original products, and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

For reference though, the 3 times were for minor cosmetic issues, as well. Like the rubber coating starting to peel off on the grip for my G9 mouse. The razer mouse I sent back had an issue with the mouse wheel and the charging cord started fraying that made it unuseable.

Here's something else to consider. The third time I had to get help from logitech customer support my product was past it's 3 year warranty/purchase date. They still helped me with no questions asked. The issues I had with my $130 razer mouse all happened within 3 months of purchase.

thats because you didnt have to send the old in, many companies make you do this and of course you shipping it to them will cost. Many companies have the practice you just spoke about too, they send you a replacement without wanting the old they wont charge you shipping

#20 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 00:14

super glue everything?

#21 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 22 April 2013 - 00:15

You should use a keycap removal tool next time instead of prying these things out with a screwdriver.

#22 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 00:23

thats because you didnt have to send the old in, many companies make you do this and of course you shipping it to them will cost. Many companies have the practice you just spoke about too, they send you a replacement without wanting the old they wont charge you shipping

None of that changes the fact that pretty much every single razer product I've owned died within 6 months of purchase. And I've owned many razer products, not just one or two. But 5 or 6 different razer mice, and I take care of my stuff.

And I don't care about "many companies". I used Logitech vs razer as a comparison because they both make peripherals and I have owned and own many of their products. My experience with logitech vs. razer is a night and day difference.

I'm not saying logitech products are without their flaws, because they aren't. But their customer support makes those flaws hurt less when you invest a lot of cash into a product and something goes wrong.

Having to pay nearly $40 dollars extra on a brand new product that already cost $130 that had issues that should have been worked out in a simple QA testing session is not acceptable and that was the last time I have ever spent any money on razer.

In any case, none of this has to do with the OP. Sorry. :rofl:

#23 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 00:56

I'm sure some crazy glue could fix it. Or duct tape, lol!!

#24 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:21

Looks fixable to me,but spoilt isn't a word

Actually, spoilt is a word.

#25 OP Bryan84

Bryan84

With God, nothing is impossible!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:41

My experience with razer support is exactly the opposite. My $130 razer mouse had an issue and not only did they make me pay for shipping for the replacement, I had to send my original to them first, and I had to pay for that as well. So may $130 mouse ended up costing me close to $170.

Imo everyone should stay as far away from razer products as they can. They're very cheaply made and they're basically designer products so they cost an arm and a leg.

To the OP...good luck getting it replaced. If you bought it within a year it should still be under warranty but like with my situation they'll probably make you pay for shipping.

Won't there be a local office (Singapore) that they will ask me to send to? I hope so. Have not heard from Support yet.

I will still try to get a mechanical keyboard but not with Razer anymore. :(

Any comments about Steel Series instead? :)

#26 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:37

Won't there be a local office (Singapore) that they will ask me to send to? I hope so. Have not heard from Support yet.

I will still try to get a mechanical keyboard but not with Razer anymore. :(

Any comments about Steel Series instead? :)

How would I know? I'm in the US. :laugh:

Steel Series makes okay products from what I've heard. But I've also heard their headsets are uncomfortable.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!