nexus android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:26

Congrats. You'll love it. An amazing phone. Beautiful looking, very well built and strong, and super fast at everything. So powerful.
It blows everything else out there away, totally. Can even hook it up to your TV using HDMI, not many have that capability.

#17 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: htc one

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:48

If it had LTE (i know a hack was there, but i want native support) then it would be amazing phone and instant buy. i never had LTE before, and it is a must for me now...

pure nexus = PLUS
LG = MINUS
no LTE = MINUS

waiting for next nexus.

#18 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:19

A very nice upgrade indeed :)

I went from the Desire to the Galaxy Nexus and thought that was a massive upgrade, i'm sure you will find going to the Nexus 4 the same!

#19 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 14:50

Quick question Nexus 4 owners....

Since I am importing the phones from the US, will I need to buy a different wall charger or will the supplied one work? We use 220 volts over here as opposed to 110 volts over there.

#20 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 14:58

Quick question Nexus 4 owners....

Since I am importing the phones from the US, will I need to buy a different wall charger or will the supplied one work? We use 220 volts over here as opposed to 110 volts over there.

You'll likely need an adapter, it'll use the US wall plugs.

#21 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 15:01

As long as you have any standard USB charging wall socket (like the one that came with your desire), you should be able to just use that the supplied USB -> MicroUSB cable to charge the phone? :)

I use one I got for my Amazon Kindle, to charge my Windows Phone and my Nexus 7 tablet - gotta love having intercompatible charging standards after so many years of proprietry crap!

#22 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 15:06

You'll likely need an adapter, it'll use the US wall plugs.

I already have the converter for the plug shape, I was talking about the difference in voltage.

As long as you have any standard USB charging wall socket (like the one that came with your desire), you should be able to just use that the supplied USB -> MicroUSB cable to charge the phone? :)

I use one I got for my Amazon Kindle, to charge my Windows Phone and my Nexus 7 tablet - gotta love having intercompatible charging standards after so many years of proprietry crap!

It is true that the plugs are all the same - Micro USB. But isn't the output voltage different for different devices? I don't want to end up over or under charging the phones! :(

#23 typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 22 April 2013 - 15:10

fear - the proprietary crap might come sooner again as you think. EU failed.

I already have the converter for the plug shape, I was talking about the difference in voltage.

It is true that the plugs are all the same - Micro USB. But isn't the output voltage different for different devices? I don't want to end up over or under charging the phones! :(

u wont damage your device - just use any phone charger with micro usb.

#24 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 15:14

fear - the proprietary crap might come sooner again as you think. EU failed.

u wont damage your device - just use any phone charger with micro usb.

Oh ok, thanks! :)

Found a really nice case, bought all 4 colours! :D

http://www.ebay.com/...=item23297c28d8

#25 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 22 April 2013 - 15:21

Awesome! I love my Nexus!! I gave up LTE but it was worth it!

#26 nMIK-3

nMIK-3

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 22 April 2013 - 15:25

Great device. But I recommend people to hold on until Google IO taking place in May. Rumor has it we will see a new Nexus device. I mean you waited that long, why not way two more weeks to get the latest and greatest?

#27 Packet1009

Packet1009

Neowinian

Posted 22 April 2013 - 15:26

i saw one yesterday - good friend just got one.

looked very nice. particularly liked the temperature info at the top left.

#28 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:52

Great device. But I recommend people to hold on until Google IO taking place in May. Rumor has it we will see a new Nexus device. I mean you waited that long, why not way two more weeks to get the latest and greatest?

I read about that. But they are not going to release a Nexus 5 just 5 months after the Nexus 4 came out. They are not Apple after all! ;) Almost everywhere suggests it will just be a 32GB Nexus 4 with LTE support.

For me personally both 32 GB of space and LTE is of no use. I have dedicated media players, and there is no LTE over here for mobiles.

#29 macmax

macmax

Windows Freak

Posted 22 April 2013 - 18:01

I got Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 couple of weeks back as birthday gift for my wife. I totally love the device & so will you. Enjoy the pure Android experience.

#30 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:15

I keep toying with the idea of trading in my Xperia S and grabbing an N4, but I think I will wait out the Google I/O conference and see what comes from that. Should be able to get around £150 for my phone as it's in immaculate condition having spent it's life in a CaseMate Tough and with a screen protector on it.