Just ordered a Nexus 4! 2 actually! :-D

Great device. But I recommend people to hold on until Google IO taking place in May. Rumor has it we will see a new Nexus device. I mean you waited that long, why not way two more weeks to get the latest and greatest?

Great device. But I recommend people to hold on until Google IO taking place in May. Rumor has it we will see a new Nexus device. I mean you waited that long, why not way two more weeks to get the latest and greatest?

I read about that. But they are not going to release a Nexus 5 just 5 months after the Nexus 4 came out. They are not Apple after all! ;) Almost everywhere suggests it will just be a 32GB Nexus 4 with LTE support.

For me personally both 32 GB of space and LTE is of no use. I have dedicated media players, and there is no LTE over here for mobiles.

I got Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 couple of weeks back as birthday gift for my wife. I totally love the device & so will you. Enjoy the pure Android experience.

I keep toying with the idea of trading in my Xperia S and grabbing an N4, but I think I will wait out the Google I/O conference and see what comes from that. Should be able to get around ?150 for my phone as it's in immaculate condition having spent it's life in a CaseMate Tough and with a screen protector on it.

You'll likely need an adapter, it'll use the US wall plugs.

this. but yeah, the charger is rated 100-240V or something, so you'll be fine. most chargers are that way these days

I would also suggest getting a Qi charger. Just for the convenience factor and the fact you'll never damage the USB port. They are pretty cheap off eBay.

I would also suggest getting a Qi charger. Just for the convenience factor and the fact you'll never damage the USB port. They are pretty cheap off eBay.

I saw that, but to be quite honest, found it to be more of a gimmick. I mean it is only a little bigger than the phone itself, and the ugly wire can been seen clearly, so I might as well charge the phone by plugging it in directly. Also, my house is rather large, so I keep chargers in almost every room as well as near the pool for easy access. If I go for this, I would need multiple chargers! :(

Kick ass upgrade there man!

From the Desire to the One is a hell of a SPEEDBump :D

I sold my Desire and got a Sensation XE, pretty happy with it so far, but next in list is either HTC One or X, or maybe wait a while longer!

Congrats! Now what Rom are u planning to use there? :D

• Like 1

Few things from my 2 weeks of playing with N4

a) Get rid of the custom scratch guard. It attracts lot of finger print and the screen becomes unreadable. Try something like Halo screen protector.

b) Get a good back cover (Rearth Ringke) and a good leather case (Poetic/Jkase)

c) Google currents, just google for it & it has caused considerable slowdown on upgrading to 4.2.2. I have disabled it.

d) Custom ROM is pretty good. You can root the device if you want to. Install a good file explorer, by default there is none.

Enjoy your Nexus experience.

• Like 1

Kick ass upgrade there man!

From the Desire to the One is a hell of a SPEEDBump :D

I sold my Desire and got a Sensation XE, pretty happy with it so far, but next in list is either HTC One or X, or maybe wait a while longer!

Congrats! Now what Rom are u planning to use there? :D

Thanks man! :D

I was considering this ROM. Seems to combine the best of everything while still looking stock. :)

a) Get rid of the custom scratch guard. It attracts lot of finger print and the screen becomes unreadable. Try something like Halo screen protector.

c) Google currents, just google for it & it has caused considerable slowdown on upgrading to 4.2.2. I have disabled it.

d) Custom ROM is pretty good. You can root the device if you want to. Install a good file explorer, by default there is none.

Thanks!

1. I've been using "Scratchgard" for years on a lot of my devices, never had a problem. :)
  2. Already ordered a Nillkin leather case with a hard back for it. On it's way as I type this. :)
  3. Oh ok, don't use Google Currents anyway. Prefer Flipboard.
  4. I alternate between MIUI and ES File Explorers on my phone.

1. Already ordered a Nillkin leather case with a hard back for it. On it's way as I type this. :)
  2. I alternate between MIUI and ES File Explorers on my phone

Please let know how Nillkin performs. I read some reviews on amazon that it started falling apart after a month of usage. I hope they have improvised on their earlier model.

ES File explorer was what I was going to suggest, but I kept the options open for you.

Please let know how Nillkin performs. I read some reviews on amazon that it started falling apart after a month of usage. I hope they have improvised on their earlier model.

Sure thing! :)

Thanks man! :D

I was considering this ROM. Seems to combine the best of everything while still looking stock. :)

4.2.2 all the day! Hopefully you have some kick ass devs there working on the N4! With those specs, only sky is the limit :D

Are you not gonna miss sense interface? It's pretty different from 4.1 and up! I heard Sense 5 is really interesting in terms of features and general interface design!

4.2.2 all the day! Hopefully you have some kick ass devs there working on the N4! With those specs, only sky is the limit :D

Are you not gonna miss sense interface? It's pretty different from 4.1 and up! I heard Sense 5 is really interesting in terms of features and general interface design!

It's a Nexus, huge amount of development is guaranteed! :D

Nah, I HATE any and all manufacturer UI's. Even my Desire is running CM 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)! :D

I was planning on putting Paranoid Android on mine.. but I love the stock.

Paranoid is nice, but it changes quite a bit. Go for CyanogenMod. It looks completely stock. They mainly concentrate on under the hood improvements. Whatever changes they make to the UI are done so well that they look stock. :)

If you mean that piece of plastic that's over the screen, that's not meant as a scratch guard for use. Everything with glass always has a plastic protector that is meant to be taken off after you've gotten your product.

I don't know what you mean by slowdowns on getting 4.2.2, but within 5 minutes of turning my Nexus 4 on, it had downloaded the update and told me, and I installed.

If you mean that piece of plastic that's over the screen, that's not meant as a scratch guard for use. Everything with glass always has a plastic protector that is meant to be taken off after you've gotten your product.

I don't know what you mean by slowdowns on getting 4.2.2, but within 5 minutes of turning my Nexus 4 on, it had downloaded the update and told me, and I installed.

Yes. I did mean the plastic that covers the screen. I have seen many stick to it rather than buy a real scratch guard.

As for the slowdown, you would have noticed if you used 4.2.1 for a few days. You can find more at xda;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2012756

Also, if you can be bothered one of these screen protectors are fantastic! Goes for any phone in fact

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

I swear by them! They never scratch too.

I had a look at it. Seems like quite a task to apply it. Plus the device also gets a bit wet. Not too comfortable doing that actually! :blush:

Thanks anyways!

Yes. I did mean the plastic that covers the screen. I have seen many stick to it rather than buy a real scratch guard.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2012756

Lot of people act just plain silly or mean for stuff like this. They will spend hundreds of dollars on devices like this, then skimp out on accessories, pirate apps etc. Someone I know recently spent $800 on an iPad, but is making a fuss for a cover that costs $35. :/

• 3 weeks later...

We received our phones yesterday! WHAT A DIFFERENCE coming from a Desire!! BLAZING fast and buttery smooth!! :woot:

Already unlocked, rooted, and running custom ROM's! :)

We received our phones yesterday! WHAT A DIFFERENCE coming from a Desire!! BLAZING fast and buttery smooth!! :woot:

Already unlocked, rooted, and running custom ROM's! :)

I kinda wish I had of rooted mine right away. There's so much more that can be done/optimized when rooted.

I'm under the impression that you lose everything on your phone like settings and apps installed, etc. etc. if you root after.

The process sounds easy enough, but I just don't feel like redoing installations and settings. Maybe someday.