Just ordered a Nexus 4! 2 actually! :-D

nexus android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Julius Caro

Julius Caro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:18

You'll likely need an adapter, it'll use the US wall plugs.

this. but yeah, the charger is rated 100-240V or something, so you'll be fine. most chargers are that way these days

#32 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:49

I would also suggest getting a Qi charger. Just for the convenience factor and the fact you'll never damage the USB port. They are pretty cheap off eBay.

#33 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 23 April 2013 - 14:33

I would also suggest getting a Qi charger. Just for the convenience factor and the fact you'll never damage the USB port. They are pretty cheap off eBay.

I saw that, but to be quite honest, found it to be more of a gimmick. I mean it is only a little bigger than the phone itself, and the ugly wire can been seen clearly, so I might as well charge the phone by plugging it in directly. Also, my house is rather large, so I keep chargers in almost every room as well as near the pool for easy access. If I go for this, I would need multiple chargers! :(

#34 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

Posted 23 April 2013 - 14:36

Whatever you do, DON'T buy the wireless charger orb. It's terrible.

#35 MidnightDevil

MidnightDevil

Resident Evil

Posted 23 April 2013 - 14:47

Kick ass upgrade there man!
From the Desire to the One is a hell of a SPEEDBump :D

I sold my Desire and got a Sensation XE, pretty happy with it so far, but next in list is either HTC One or X, or maybe wait a while longer!

Congrats! Now what Rom are u planning to use there? :D

#36 macmax

macmax

Windows Freak

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:00

Few things from my 2 weeks of playing with N4

a) Get rid of the custom scratch guard. It attracts lot of finger print and the screen becomes unreadable. Try something like Halo screen protector.
b) Get a good back cover (Rearth Ringke) and a good leather case (Poetic/Jkase)
c) Google currents, just google for it & it has caused considerable slowdown on upgrading to 4.2.2. I have disabled it.
d) Custom ROM is pretty good. You can root the device if you want to. Install a good file explorer, by default there is none.

Enjoy your Nexus experience.

#37 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 April 2013 - 17:22

Kick ass upgrade there man!
From the Desire to the One is a hell of a SPEEDBump :D

I sold my Desire and got a Sensation XE, pretty happy with it so far, but next in list is either HTC One or X, or maybe wait a while longer!

Congrats! Now what Rom are u planning to use there? :D

Thanks man! :D

I was considering this ROM. Seems to combine the best of everything while still looking stock. :)

a) Get rid of the custom scratch guard. It attracts lot of finger print and the screen becomes unreadable. Try something like Halo screen protector.
c) Google currents, just google for it & it has caused considerable slowdown on upgrading to 4.2.2. I have disabled it.
d) Custom ROM is pretty good. You can root the device if you want to. Install a good file explorer, by default there is none.

Thanks!
  • I've been using "Scratchgard" for years on a lot of my devices, never had a problem. :)
  • Already ordered a Nillkin leather case with a hard back for it. On it's way as I type this. :)
  • Oh ok, don't use Google Currents anyway. Prefer Flipboard.
  • I alternate between MIUI and ES File Explorers on my phone.

#38 macmax

macmax

Windows Freak

Posted 23 April 2013 - 17:32

• Already ordered a Nillkin leather case with a hard back for it. On it's way as I type this. :)
  • I alternate between MIUI and ES File Explorers on my phone

Please let know how Nillkin performs. I read some reviews on amazon that it started falling apart after a month of usage. I hope they have improvised on their earlier model.

ES File explorer was what I was going to suggest, but I kept the options open for you.

#39 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 April 2013 - 17:46

Please let know how Nillkin performs. I read some reviews on amazon that it started falling apart after a month of usage. I hope they have improvised on their earlier model.

Sure thing! :)

#40 MidnightDevil

MidnightDevil

Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:15

Thanks man! :D

I was considering this ROM. Seems to combine the best of everything while still looking stock. :)

4.2.2 all the day! Hopefully you have some kick ass devs there working on the N4! With those specs, only sky is the limit :D
Are you not gonna miss sense interface? It's pretty different from 4.1 and up! I heard Sense 5 is really interesting in terms of features and general interface design!

#41 margrave

margrave

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:21

Gratz OP! I love mine!

#42 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:21

I was planning on putting Paranoid Android on mine.. but I love the stock.

#43 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:32

4.2.2 all the day! Hopefully you have some kick ass devs there working on the N4! With those specs, only sky is the limit :D
Are you not gonna miss sense interface? It's pretty different from 4.1 and up! I heard Sense 5 is really interesting in terms of features and general interface design!

It's a Nexus, huge amount of development is guaranteed! :D

Nah, I HATE any and all manufacturer UI's. Even my Desire is running CM 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)! :D

I was planning on putting Paranoid Android on mine.. but I love the stock.

Paranoid is nice, but it changes quite a bit. Go for CyanogenMod. It looks completely stock. They mainly concentrate on under the hood improvements. Whatever changes they make to the UI are done so well that they look stock. :)

#44 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:54

If you mean that piece of plastic that's over the screen, that's not meant as a scratch guard for use. Everything with glass always has a plastic protector that is meant to be taken off after you've gotten your product.
I don't know what you mean by slowdowns on getting 4.2.2, but within 5 minutes of turning my Nexus 4 on, it had downloaded the update and told me, and I installed.

#45 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 24 April 2013 - 13:23

Also, if you can be bothered one of these screen protectors are fantastic! Goes for any phone in fact

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

I swear by them! They never scratch too.