Just ordered a Nexus 4! 2 actually! :-D

nexus android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 macmax

macmax

Windows Freak

Posted 24 April 2013 - 13:25

If you mean that piece of plastic that's over the screen, that's not meant as a scratch guard for use. Everything with glass always has a plastic protector that is meant to be taken off after you've gotten your product.
I don't know what you mean by slowdowns on getting 4.2.2, but within 5 minutes of turning my Nexus 4 on, it had downloaded the update and told me, and I installed.

Yes. I did mean the plastic that covers the screen. I have seen many stick to it rather than buy a real scratch guard.

As for the slowdown, you would have noticed if you used 4.2.1 for a few days. You can find more at xda;
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2012756

#47 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 24 April 2013 - 16:05

Also, if you can be bothered one of these screen protectors are fantastic! Goes for any phone in fact

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

I swear by them! They never scratch too.

I had a look at it. Seems like quite a task to apply it. Plus the device also gets a bit wet. Not too comfortable doing that actually! :blush:

Thanks anyways!

#48 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 April 2013 - 16:11

Yes. I did mean the plastic that covers the screen. I have seen many stick to it rather than buy a real scratch guard.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2012756

Lot of people act just plain silly or mean for stuff like this. They will spend hundreds of dollars on devices like this, then skimp out on accessories, pirate apps etc. Someone I know recently spent $800 on an iPad, but is making a fuss for a cover that costs $35. :/

#49 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 May 2013 - 15:58

We received our phones yesterday! WHAT A DIFFERENCE coming from a Desire!! BLAZING fast and buttery smooth!! :woot:

Already unlocked, rooted, and running custom ROM's! :)

#50 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

Posted 11 May 2013 - 16:25

We received our phones yesterday! WHAT A DIFFERENCE coming from a Desire!! BLAZING fast and buttery smooth!! :woot:

Already unlocked, rooted, and running custom ROM's! :)

I kinda wish I had of rooted mine right away. There's so much more that can be done/optimized when rooted.
I'm under the impression that you lose everything on your phone like settings and apps installed, etc. etc. if you root after.
The process sounds easy enough, but I just don't feel like redoing installations and settings. Maybe someday.

#51 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 May 2013 - 16:44

I'm under the impression that you lose everything on your phone like settings and apps installed, etc. etc. if you root after.

Use a program called Nexus 4 Toolkit. It gives you the option of backing up your apps (including app data) before unlocking / rooting, and then restoring after. :)

#52 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 11 May 2013 - 16:47

I kinda wish I had of rooted mine right away. There's so much more that can be done/optimized when rooted.
The process sounds easy enough, but I just don't feel like redoing installations and settings. Maybe someday.

Not true. Rooting does not delete anything.

#53 OP The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 May 2013 - 16:53

Not true. Rooting does not delete anything.

That's true, rooting by itself does not, but when you unlock the bootloader on the Nexus 4 it does perform a wipe.

#54 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 11 May 2013 - 16:54

That's true, rooting by itself does not, but when you unlock the bootloader on the Nexus 4 it does perform a wipe.

I see, my mistake then. I havent used an Android since I replaced my HTC ONE x, best Android phone I've used.