• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:34

I tried what I could doing the weekly Neogamr podcast with Tim & John, we even recorded close to 30 episodes I think it was, but it never picked up, and was really quite discouraging at the end of the day. It was a decent amount of effort on our parts for little to no return.

I personally think a lot of people around here talk a good talk about wanting a community but then once things are done to try and make it a community they do not support it. The whole goal of the podcast was to make it something the members participated in, from suggesting topics to asking questions to having guests as well, that was the plan, but no one ever participated in the threads we started about the podcast itself.

Also not for nothing, almost anything that is not spelled properly is doomed. It always bothered the hell out of me that it was missing the e. :laugh:

Did you guys try to promote the podcasts in more places than just here? Making a podcast popular is a tough business.It's admirable you tried, but, and I say this respectfully, it isn't surprising it didn't take off. Not so much because of the content, but because podcasts are notoriously difficult to encourage people to listen to.

One thing I think I noticed was that a lot of the news that was posted in Neogamr had already been posted in one of the sub-forums, so you essentially had the same story posted twice.. Fragmenting content like that isn't a good idea.

I think this arrangement is much better. I have actually read stuff posted by the News Reporters. When NeoGamr was around, I didn't really bother.

#47 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 30,989 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:41

Well they were on iTunes too.

#48 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,027 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 27 April 2013 - 15:15

Well they were on iTunes too.

Was on iTunes, also Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Honestly like I said, if the community here got behind it, I think it would have been easier to take off. Instead our best episode had 12 listeners. :rofl:
It's cool, I am not bitter about it, just saying we tried, for almost a year on and off.