Photo

My Nexus 4 won't show up in my PC, or do Bluetooth transfers.

nexus google

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Laya Maheshwari

Laya Maheshwari

Neowinian

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:33

Hello.

I bought a Nexus 4 a month ago and it's been working smoothly ever since. The only problem, as I have recently realized, is that when I connect my phone to my PC using USB, Windows 8 installs all driver successfully and the Nexus 4 shows up in my Devices & Printers too, but I can't see it in My Computer, in neither media device NOR camera mode.

This is what the properties of the device look like: Posted Image

Moreover, the phone's Bluetooth functionality is also weird. I can't send any files from my laptop to the phone, nor vice versa...even though both are paired devices.

I don't know how to correct this issue. It's leaving me quite handicapped. Anyone have any clues?

#2 alphamale

alphamale

Neowinian

Posted 27 April 2013 - 23:18

http://support.googl...&answer=1650161

Is your computers bt version compatible ?

#3 spikey_richie

spikey_richie

XXXIII

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 08 May 2013 - 14:18

Bit of a PITA, but you might be able to debug it a bit better by downloading the Android SDK. Alternatively, try the Android USB driver here

#4 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 08 May 2013 - 14:26

BT is finicky with my laptop too. even though my phone and laptop are paired, they wont 'see' each other until i make one of them 'discoverable.'

in order to send files to my laptop, i have to right click the BT icon and choose 'receive files'. After that, i can select the files to send on my phone and it works instantly.

#5 Joseph B

Joseph B

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 May 2013 - 14:26

This may sound silly, but do you unlock the phone before connecting it to the laptop?