Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dot Matrix

BREAKING: Canadian Police thwart terror attempt

25 posts in this topic

Canadian authorities have announced arrests of a person or persons who they say were plotting to attack a train between Toronto and NYC.

Developing...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/326412110210928640">Click here to view the Tweet

What the crap is happening in the world right now?

2 people like this

What the crap is happening in the world right now?

People are being stupid. It all falls down to you having something that they cannot achieve so they stoop to levels involving stuff like this to take your sence of security.

People are being stupid. It all falls down to you having something that they cannot achieve so they stoop to levels involving stuff like this to take your sence of security.

It goes both ways - you having something that they are practically denied of. Doesn't cancel out being stupid, mind you.

It goes both ways - you having something that they are practically denied of. Doesn't cancel out being stupid, mind you.

This is true

Breaking: Footage of the Canadian Police chasing down the suspect.

10 people like this

I don't understand the idea behind terrorism. It has been proven time and time again in modern countries that it accomplishes nothing. No ground is gained for the group doing it. No financial reward. No political standing. No benefit whatsoever. Terrorism does not forward any idea, agenda, or good will. It is a 100% negative loss for the innocent people involved and even for the group DOING the said action. In 3rd world countries with no government power, this may be a strong tactic, but not in the G7 countries. I doubt this is something they will come to understand.

Side note: If you hate your host country so much, why not just move where you DO like it?

5 people like this

I don't understand the idea behind terrorism. It has been proven time and time again in modern countries that it accomplishes nothing. No ground is gained for the group doing it. No financial reward. No political standing. No benefit whatsoever. Terrorism does not forward any idea, agenda, or good will. It is a 100% negative loss for the innocent people involved and even for the group DOING the said action. In 3rd world countries with no government power, this may be a strong tactic, but not in the G7 countries. I doubt this is something they will come to understand.

Side note: If you hate your host country so much, why not just move where you DO like it?

Ignorance and intolerance.

I find myself agreeing with you again.

2 people like this

Thread Cleaned

Stick to the topic, please.

theres a train from ny to Canada ? how much does that cost

You're trying to apply logical thinking to a group of people who are fundamentally illogical. You may as well be trying to make ice cream in an oven.

Canadian police say they have arrested two people and charged them with trying to carry out an Al Qaeda-backed terrorist attack against a passenger train.

Authorities say Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, of Montreal, and Raed Jaser, 35, of Toronto, were planning to derail a VIA passenger train, which is part of Canada's national rail network.

Source

theres a train from ny to Canada ? how much does that cost

dr-evil.jpg

dr-evil.jpg

over here in the UK thats a loaf of bread...

4 people like this

ROFL, I think I, or somebody else posted that as a gif on the pics thread too.. :woot: :shiftyninja:

Back on topic, glad to hear it's been thwarted, I just wish there was some way to get through to these unreasonable brainwased idiots though.

News report is that it's tied to AQ types in Iran.

Just catching up on this. Glad they got them.

It has been proven time and time again in modern countries that it accomplishes nothing.

I was discussing this at work. Does it really accomplish nothing?

We are now in talks with the Taliban because we simply could not beat them.

We sat down with the IRA because we could not beat them...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you are closer to the situation that I am, but from what I have read, the IRA was more of a operational shutdown of each aggressiveness on each side, similar in nature to the Taliban thing. To me, it just feels not like the same thing as in terrorism to accomplish a goal. I don't know how to word what i mean to say.

added: figured out how to say it... they are defending their home land which is a bit different then striking out into a foreign land. Defending their home (in their minds anyways) is the agenda. Where striking out thousands of miles away doesn't really do anything for their cause.

You will NEVER beat them. When one falls, someone else doesnt like the 'talks' suicide bombers start up again. Its a vicious cycle thats never going to end.

You will NEVER beat them. When one falls, someone else doesnt like the 'talks' suicide bombers start up again. Its a vicious cycle thats never going to end.

Never is a long time.

Go Canada!

and guess what 'holy book' that is, such PC going on ...

never occured in their mind that what they claim as 'holy book' are nothing but man made, and fallible too.

Canada govt should've encourages critics to this 'holy book'.