A dog ate his owner's head after getting trapped in her tiny Spanish apartment when she died.

Police say the German Shepherd cross became so hungry that he devoured most of 72-year-old Amparo C.R.'s body so he wouldn't starve to death.

Officers were called to the flat in Valencia last week after neighbors complained about a foul smell, according to thinkSPAIN.com Knowing she was a hoarder, they thought the stench came from piled up litter.

But officers were left horrified when, walking into the Calle Constitucion apartment, they found her half-eaten corpse.

The dog, barking nearby, had what looked like the remains of his owner's blood in his fur.

Initial reports suggest the woman had Alzheimer's and had died from natural causes. A post-mortem will be carried out later this week.

Police said the dog, who was not aggressive or violent when found, ate his owner because he had not been fed for some days.

He has now been taken in by the city animal shelter.

source

Dogs at the core of its nature.

Yeah, no. Anything or anybody in that situation would resort to eating whatever they needed to survive. Has nothing to do with the "nature of dogs."

• Like 1

sadly this sort of thing happens often, I know of a women locally that was eaten by her cats after she died of a heart attack.

Yeah, no. Anything or anybody in that situation would resort to eating whatever they needed to survive. Has nothing to do with the "nature of dogs."

Sounds like you took offense to my post.. I am actually a huge dog person :)

But at the end of the day, dogs are animals.. and eat dead things :)

That was my point.. Kthx

Sounds like you took offense to my post.. I am actually a huge dog person :)

But at the end of the day, dogs are animals.. and eat dead things :)

That was my point.. Kthx

All living things are animals, even us humans. We will all resort to such gruesome extremes when faced with self preservation, as long as the will is strong enough.

It has to do with the nature of animals. It's cruel to not feed an animal and if it's carnivorous, it would resort to eating anything... even members of its own species. The only exception is humans and even then it would require a lot of willpower.

All living things are animals, even us humans. We will all resort to such gruesome extremes when faced with self preservation, as long as the will is strong enough.

Right.

It has to do with the nature of animals. It's cruel to not feed an animal and if it's carnivorous, it would resort to eating anything... even members of its own species. The only exception is humans and even then it would require a lot of willpower.

Plenty of cases where people ate another to survive due to circumstances and their will to survive. We often forget that we are just animals that have more reason and knowledge. Doesn't make us any different from a lot of the lesser animals when pure survival is at hand in dire situations.