Photo

So I'm getting ready to upgrade.. Any thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:26

[quote name='Draconian Guppy' timestamp='1367327227' post='595665260']
Yeah i'm talking about old nikon lens on modern nikon FX body, ignore my comments.

However, since you are into video, this is a good read for you:

http://www.danmccomb...n-a-canon-dslr/

"I recently took the plunge into DSLR cinematography by purchasing an $800 Canon T2i. If you scoff at the idea that video shot on a consumer grade Rebel can be taken serious by pros, I look forward to showing you some of the video I’ve been shooting. I’ll post a proper review of how this unpretentious game-changer is working for me in my documentary work soon. But today I want to talk about lenses."

It basically talks on use of adapters and whatnot.
[/quote]

Good Read, but I'll probably look into the adapters and new lenses in the future. I'm still not sure about having the adapters permanently stuck on the lens.. :s

#32 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:35

Good Read, but I'll probably look into the adapters and new lenses in the future. I'm still not sure about having the adapters permanently stuck on the lens.. :s

Naw you don't need adapters unless you plan on buying a buttload of nikon lens to use on your canon :p, i found that link searching for "nikon lens on canon bodies" and since it was related to video I thought it would be relevant to your future endeavors.

#33 abysal

abysal

Neowin Addict

• Phone: BB9930/SGS5

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:42

Yeah i'm talking about old nikon lens on modern nikon FX body, ignore my comments.

However, since you are into video, this is a good read for you:

http://www.danmccomb...n-a-canon-dslr/

"I recently took the plunge into DSLR cinematography by purchasing an $800 Canon T2i. If you scoff at the idea that video shot on a consumer grade Rebel can be taken serious by pros, I look forward to showing you some of the video I’ve been shooting. I’ll post a proper review of how this unpretentious game-changer is working for me in my documentary work soon. But today I want to talk about lenses."

It basically talks on use of adapters and whatnot.

I would avoid the T2i for video; I have this camera and it cannot always record more then several minutes worth of video; you get a warning message about heat and the camera turns off. Although on good days I've recorded up to 20 min or so. I've contacted Canon and was told it's by design; WTF?

Just do a Google search on the issue and you'll find plenty of people having the same issue. I'm surprised there hasn't been an out cry over this issue, as I see it as an unacceptable design flaw.

#34 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:45

I would avoid the T2i for video; I have this camera and it cannot always record more then several minutes worth of video; you get a warning message about heat and the camera turns off. Although on good days I've recorded up to 20 min or so. I've contacted Canon and was told it's by design; WTF?

Just do a Google search on the issue and you'll find plenty of people having the same issue. I'm surprised there hasn't been an out cry over this issue, as I see it as an unacceptable design flaw.

That wasn't a post on the t2i, but rather nikon lens on canon bodies and the adapters needed for that to happen, the OP is considerig a 5d MKIII, though thanks for the heads up, the more information, the better. :D

#35 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:30

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

http://www.adencamer...3952&Category=6

and yeah that is really weird for the T2i to do that.

#36 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:51

did you compare the cost of the individual items separately ?

#37 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:10

Rhode Mic Pro -269.99 (Henrys)
Lite Panel - 53.32 (deal extreme)
MK3 w/Lens - 3,884. (Amazon)

= 4,207

The Add to Cart price for Aden Camera is $3,878.00

#38 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 May 2013 - 14:20

5D MKII and spend the difference from the MKIII on decent lenses. Kit lenses are usually crap in the long run.

The Kit lens is still an L lens on the 5d.

I just finished a wedding this weekend as a photographer. There was a videographer there using the 7d for video. Why not do that and save a grand on lens. He had a 7d was using the 70-200, a tilt shift lens and the 24mm and 35mm.

#39 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 01 May 2013 - 15:14

The Kit lens is still an L lens on the 5d.

I just finished a wedding this weekend as a photographer. There was a videographer there using the 7d for video. Why not do that and save a grand on lens. He had a 7d was using the 70-200, a tilt shift lens and the 24mm and 35mm.

It's what i've been saying all along with the 6d, which is still full frame.

#40 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

Posted 01 May 2013 - 16:19

The 6D doesn't have a headphone jack and certain little things that can probably help me on shoots. So is that deal I posted worth it?

#41 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:49

I also went to Camera Canada and their price just the Mkiii w/ lens was $3,799.97. So I added the Rhode Mic and it was already 4069.96. I think so for Aden Camera has the best deal. It's got everything I need, a LED panel, a Rhode Mic (which I will need anyway in the future). What do you guys think?

#42 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 02 May 2013 - 00:34

I also went to Camera Canada and their price just the Mkiii w/ lens was $3,799.97. So I added the Rhode Mic and it was already 4069.96. I think so for Aden Camera has the best deal. It's got everything I need, a LED panel, a Rhode Mic (which I will need anyway in the future). What do you guys think?

just make sure the LED panel isn't a cheap knock off.

#43 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

Posted 02 May 2013 - 00:43

I can't find anything on the LED Panel