android samsung google lg htc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,778 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:21

While the Mobile Phone Market has grown to near saturation level, customer loyalty to service providers, mobile devices and operating systems has shrunk to new lows, even among those customers that are considered "Promoters" of the brand

Semi-annual and monthly research conducted by Phoenix Marketing International among wireless users indicates that over 1/3 of current wireless customers intend on switching service providers in the next year and nearly 2/3 plan on replacing their current mobile device with one from a different manufacturer. A startling 25% of so called service provider “promoters” plan on switching providers in the next year.

Read more here: http://www.phoenixmi...company_id=1894

Now to my point. Take a look at this chart.

Posted Image

This is ridiculous. Ok,if it was one or two manufacturers,one could say its the junky build quality, but look at the android manufacturers. People are not happy they are being pushed into buying these devices by the carriers. Its obvious what the problem is. Yet we keep hearing about all this "demand" for android that turns out is artificial and people cant wait until their contract is up to dump their phones. Why carriers keep insisting on pushing this stuff is beyond me. Consumers are not happy.

#2 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 7,930 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:30

As far as the title of this topic goes, you can definitely put me down as a Google hater!!

Never have and never will like them or their products! :x

People are always switching and what not due to competition/choices and the fact that they think they HAVE to be up on everything when older stuff still works!!

One of the few things you may have a decent choice on.

#3 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:32

What, no WP/Nokia devices? And who is to say Android users don't want to switch to a different Android manufacturer.

Handset Manufacturers Likey To switch...to what platform/manufacturer?

#4 yowanvista

yowanvista

Neowinian Senior

• 1,687 posts
  • Phone: i9001-CM11-KitKat 4.4.4 - Kernel 3.4.96

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:35

Sure, a U.S research but U.S ≠ The rest of the world so the claim is bs.

#5 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,043 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:35

Why carriers keep insisting on pushing this stuff is beyond me. Consumers are not happy.

Probably because they receive higher profit margins on those. To them, money comes before quality.

#6 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,584 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:39

I love Google. Their business model, phones, services.. AWESOME..

but.. Their privacy ops scare the **** out of them and I don't like it.

Not to "derail" the topic.. but seriously.. what if America does go through another civil war? Do you not think governments will be going through everyones crap to see what they are up too?

I didn't mean to go full bat **** crazy.. but just a thought.

#7 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,180 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:50

Seriously, People want to switch from Android based phones because they HAVE to choose certain models?

I'm not sure If I am just completely ignorant (most likely) or unable to follow the article (also likely) but are there even phones out there that support different OS's out of the box?

Can I go out and by a Nokia xyz and choose whether it comes with a Windows, Apple, Google OS? I didn't think I could?

Also - i see nowhere in that article that seems to suggest that users switching has ANYTHING to do with the them dislike any particular OS at all, in fact all it really says is that there is no such thing as loyalty in the smart phone market and people are happy to chop and change.

I'm sorry but this just seems like the OP is reading into an article because of their own dislike of android based phones.

#8 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,137 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:55

I do not trust Google :p

#9 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:57

I do not trust Google :p

I dont trust anyone with my data. Why I keep it secure and offline. Besides, this article has nothing to do with Android/Google. It has to do with service providers and device manufacturers.

#10 gameboy1977

gameboy1977

Neowinian

• 913 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:01

I never trust google. They have dark side company I sense. *holding lightsaber*

#11 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,997 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:02

Are you basing the title on a different article because there's no mention of Google or Android in it...

#12 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:03

Are you basing the title on a different article because there's no mention of Google or Android in it...

There was a front page editorial yesterday titled "Sorry, Microsoft, but consumers just don't like you"

#13 OP vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,778 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:24

What, no WP/Nokia devices? And who is to say Android users don't want to switch to a different Android manufacturer.

but when close to and over 80% want to jump ship from EVERY every single manufacturer that shares one thing in common, android, that says something.

#14 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:32

but when close to and over 80% want to jump ship from EVERY every single manufacturer that shares one thing in common, android, that says something.

And who says that people are not switching from Samsung to Motorola or another android manufacturer. Just because most of the manufacturers are Android, doesnt mean they are switching away from the platform.

#15 CJ33

CJ33

Neowinian

• 552 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:32

I went from LG to HTC to Samsung. All were Android. I like to have choice; this has nothing to do with Google.