android samsung google lg htc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#16 ozzy76

ozzy76

Neowinian

• 890 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:33

I thought the thread title sounded awfully familiar. Sorry, Microsoft, but consumers just don't like you Surely, we can come up with a more original title for this thread.

#17 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,359 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:33

but when close to and over 80% want to jump ship from EVERY every single manufacturer that shares one thing in common, android, that says something.

It says they didn't like their phone, not that they didn't like the OS... that is just a massive assumption! What that article doesnt say is what they are switching for. If an HTC user is dropping their Android phone for a Samsung Android phone then this proves absolutely nothing.

You are assuming that the switchers are switching to a phone that has a different OS when the article mainly focuses on handset and providers.

#18 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,761 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:48

I do not trust Google :p

Who do you trust.. Would it be more secure to run Ubuntu Phone on my Nexus?

#19 OP vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,014 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 17:15

And who says that people are not switching from Samsung to Motorola or another android manufacturer. Just because most of the manufacturers are Android, doesnt mean they are switching away from the platform.

that happens,yes you and others might do this, but 80% ? really? with every android manufacturer? that isnt normal. what im theorizing is more plausible than what you are theorizing.

I thought the thread title sounded awfully familiar. Sorry, Microsoft, but consumers just don't like you Surely, we can come up with a more original title for this thread.

yes,its a play on Andy Weirs article.

#20 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,472 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 17:35

that happens,yes you and others might do this, but 80% ? really? with every android manufacturer? that isnt normal. what im theorizing is more plausible than what you are theorizing.

Then why isnt Nokia in the list. Is everyone going from Android to Apple then? Why isnt Android, iOS, or WP even mentioned? What you posted, and the source, does not support your assumptions. People are probably switching away from android, as well as iOS and WP but the article doesnt specify or even mention the platforms and how many are leaving a certain platform.

#21 Brandon

Brandon

Neowin RUNNER

• 13,022 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 18:15

No, actually he's right.

The average consumer is probably going to buy based on price first, features second. If this month's flavor of android phones that are free on contract are LG, guess who's getting sales? If next month, it's Samsung, it's them.

And then even on the high end, it's all over. I have a Galaxy Nexus. Before that, a Galaxy S, Before that, an HTC MyTouch.

Next phone? Who knows? I'm tempted to get a Nexus 4 (LG), but will wait until summer to see what else comes out. Whoever can provide the best specs wins.

#22 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 18:22

I take a severe dislike of pretty much anything the world's largest ad broker does or does not, but even I must say that this thread is exceptionally malformed. Google is not Android, US isn't the world and consumers don't know what they want.
And as much as I'm paranoid and Android's full of crap, I'd take Android over anything else there is (except a proper OS, be it Windows or Linux, on a tablet) any day.

#23 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• 5,201 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 18:25

for some reason I see "
"Sorry, Microsoft, but consumers just don't like you"

. Seriously what a flame-bait title...no really... Stop assuming US mobile trends apply to all the markets these manufacturers operate in, its a low blow :/

#24 OP vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,014 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 22:14

Then why isnt Nokia in the list. Is everyone going from Android to Apple then? Why isnt Android, iOS, or WP even mentioned? What you posted, and the source, does not support your assumptions. People are probably switching away from android, as well as iOS and WP but the article doesnt specify or even mention the platforms and how many are leaving a certain platform.

you're assuming they even know the OS the phone is running is android.I bet you most don't know what the OS is. Im not saying they are moving to a different platform. They buy a phone,say this sucks im switching next time and try something else. rinse repeat. They dont know better and are not as informed about OSes and platforms,except maybe iphone. They go to a carrier,see a phone that they think they like and buy it. If it were 1 or 2 manufacturers,ok you can say maybe this manufacturer is making junky phones,but when 80% of users from all the major android manufacturers want to dump the current manufacturer of the device, you have a problem. Yes i agree some people switch,but if 80% are unsatisfied, what makes you think they will be satisfied with another manufacturer if 80% of users of that manufacturer wants to dump that manufacturer.

#25 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:02

I love Google. Their business model, phones, services.. AWESOME..

but.. Their privacy ops scare the **** out of them and I don't like it.

Same here. To me it's worth it, though. I love all Google products, including Android and Chromebooks. I wouldn't use anything else. I actually shocked a guy in Best Buy. He wanted to sale me a iPhone and I told him I was an Android guy. He really didn't know what to say.

#26 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,838 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:06

I went from LG to HTC to Samsung. All were Android. I like to have choice; this has nothing to do with Google.

Right. When you get bored with your iPhone, what other models of iPhone are there? There's tons of affordable Android options.

#27 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,342 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:34

This isn't a place for PR spam and the title doesn't imply the content in the first place.

[Thread closed]