It's Happening! Next XBox Reveal on May 21st!

The reason Sony didn't show off the box is because it is rumoured that there is either something integrated into it or there is something about the box Sony weren't ready to show off just yet. It's not like they did it just to annoy people, christ. I'd laugh my arse off if Microsoft didn't show a box yet either.

It's highly likely they wont show the box off. After all, it's just a reveal event to let people know it's being made. If they show off the console, they'll have no build up for E3 where the console war always takes place.

Children / average consumers don't give a toss about hardware spec, they just want to see something new and shiny.

The internet does apparently, ignoring all the good stuff they announced and spoke about, most people cared about the plastic shell. Pretty sad really.

The Set-top box will be sold separately ...

I'm sure they'll sell a separate set top box but i'm 100% sure the XBOX will come with those features built in.

It's highly likely they wont show the box off. After all, it's just a reveal event to let people know it's being made. If they show off the console, they'll have no build up for E3 where the console war always takes place.

Children / average consumers don't give a toss about hardware spec, they just want to see something new and shiny.

They'll show the box and show their game lineup at E3. It's only a short gap between the two events, it'll still be fresh in peoples minds when they hold their E3 show. Then a few weeks later we get build and the developer story.