Cant comment in IE10, but works fine in chrome

It's highly possible that 3.2 isn't compatible with IE10.. we are going to upgrade to 3.4.4 soon so we'll hold of for that

Test edit IE10

Yep there are still a few things broke (no editor toolbar either)

test edit IE10

any eta for when you are upgrading to IPB 3.4.4?

If I can get hold of a developer today I'll ask him to add in the compatibility force IE9 mode for the forums (it isn't needed for the front page).

This site has gotten all slow and running like crap for a few days again, no matter what browser I use and ESPECIALLY when replying to anything.

Its staggering how many sites' crap devs were exposed by IE10.

It's not as simple as that at all.. Sites generally have to account for backwards compatibility for many versions of a browser, if we coded Neowin (as we do) only HTML5 compliant, then quite a few browsers wouldn't work, so we're forced to do a mix of both modern and compatible.

Anyway, it's IPB at fault here, not us. The Neowin main site is fully compliant with IE10.

I'm having problems replying on Chrome OS. Just started today. It works fine with Chrome on Windows.

If you're using a dev version, then I'm not surprised. I'm on Chrome beta which is generally problem free, but I don't have any experience at all with Chrome OS :p

If you're using a dev version, then I'm not surprised. I'm on Chrome beta which is generally problem free, but I don't have any experience at all with Chrome OS :p

No, I'm on the stable channel, same as always. I always thought Chrome OS was just the Chrome browser pasted on top of a Linux kernel, but I guess I was wrong. Even tried changing the user agent to no avail. I have a Samsung ARM Series 3, if that helps.

Yeah, I was having issues doing some cleaning up too on the forums as a result because I can't edit in full mode, the button does nothing.

No toolbar here either and no formatting. Can't wait for that IPB update :)

IE10, best browser eva!

It's not as simple as that at all.. Sites generally have to account for backwards compatibility for many versions of a browser, if we coded Neowin (as we do) only HTML5 compliant, then quite a few browsers wouldn't work, so we're forced to do a mix of both modern and compatible.

Anyway, it's IPB at fault here, not us. The Neowin main site is fully compliant with IE10.

I'm on Chrome beta which is generally problem free,

I wasn't assigning blame to you guys, just remarking on the reality. IE10 has exposed the flim flam of many, many websites. That companies like IPB among others have so 2nd classed IE for trying to right the ship is remarkable.

Found my problem but it leads to more questions. About a week ago I set my router to using OpenDNS servers. On a whim I changed the settings back to Automatic and Chrome OS started to work right again. So what was OpenDNS doing that hindered Chrome OS from posting but didn't affect Chrome on Windows?

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know.

• 1 month later...

""Dashel"" said:

IE10 editing still not working after upgrade FYI. (Its actually worse now)

Test IE10 fast reply.

Test inline edit (no refresh)

Refresh page and inline edit.

Still issues with IE10

Redmak: edit IE10 (w7)

Still some issues remain, but as I type this, I was presented with the rich text editor. Been a while since I've seen it in IE10. :D

• 2 years later...

Trying to quote somebody really doesn't work too well in Edge, among other things like trying to reply. Here's the useragent if you need it;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.135 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.10240

Most likely an ipb issue. Which we won't really address. There are plans for a forum upgrade soon. So maybe it'll be fixed then.