31 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:34

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition coming June 4th
by John Callaham

If you have yet to explore the open world experience that is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you might want to wait just a little longer. Bethesda Softworks has announced it will release a new version of the acclaimed RPG that will have all of the extra content released for the title.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition will be released on June 4th in the U.S. for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms. It will contain the original RPG, first released in 2011, along with its three DLC packs; Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn. The Legendary Edition will also add " ... features like combat cameras, mounted combat, Legendary difficulty mode for hardcore players, and Legendary skills." The game will cost $59.99 for U.S. users. European and Australian gamers will get to purchase the Legendary Edition on June 7th.

The game's developer, Bethesda Game Studios, recently announced they are now done with making content for Skyrim and have moved their efforts towards their next unannounced game project. Meanwhile, Xenimax Online Studios is working on the massively multiplayer game The Elder Scrolls Online which is currently scheduled to launch by the end of 2013.

Source: Bethesda Softworks | Image via Bethesda Softworks

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,311 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:44

Given that I only own the original game and I have none of the expansions, I might consider this. Especially if it adds features that aren't in the original game (although surely they are going to patch it in for people that already own the original version?).

Actually, I haven't had a good run in Skyrim for a while now...I might go home and fight some dragons.

#3 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,123 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:49

Would be nice of them offer an "upgrade" option for those that already own the original, if they won't patch the extra features.

edit: Never mind. Just noticed those were added with the 1.9 patch.

#4 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

• 4,585 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:50

Given that I only own the original game and I have none of the expansions, I might consider this. Especially if it adds features that aren't in the original game (although surely they are going to patch it in for people that already own the original version?).

Actually, I haven't had a good run in Skyrim for a while now...I might go home and fight some dragons.

Hearthfire and Dawnguard both add tons to do. Hearthfire is more extracurricular stuff but Dawnguard includes a ton of new content. Would recommend.

#5 Semtex

Semtex

Neowinian

• 1,264 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:30

Hearthfire and Dawnguard both add tons to do. Hearthfire is more extracurricular stuff but Dawnguard includes a ton of new content. Would recommend.

You have forgot to mention "Dragonborn" , which give more to play than two first DLC's together ;)

#6 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

• 4,585 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:33

You have forgot to mention "Dragonborn" , which give more to play than two first DLC's together ;)

I don't have Dragonborn so I cannot comment :)

#7 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,404 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:37

Good news for people who like the game. I like getting the "Game of the Year" edition, or whatever the publisher decides to call the version that includes all of the DLC. It's usually a great value if you didn't have the game already. I just wish I liked Skyrim; it's such a terrible RPG.

#8 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

• 103 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:48

I might just buy this, especially if it contains maps and what not.
As an RPG Skyrim wasn't the best, but I've had 400+ good hours of fun any way. The combat was quite bland, and levelling was weird especially playing as a spellsword, yet the sheer number of quests and locations and last but not least the modding community made it a great game.
The atmosphere was phenomenal, god how I loved it, and the modding community just made it better and better.
A game like Skyrim needs a few months and the modding tools released before it's potential is unleashed.

One thing I don't get is the love for heartfire, I bought it because I was bored, the houses did contain a lot of good stuff, but I just felt it was a waste of time. I guess they liked the mod a lot!

#9 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,825 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 25 April 2013 - 17:55

lol @ the tag. I don't think tags are supposed to be a repeat of the topic title.

I still need to finish Skyrim and buy the DLC.

#10 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,029 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:01

Rats. I first saw the clipped off title of "Skyrim Legend..." and was hoping this was an announcement for new DLC.

If you haven't gotten into Skyrim yet I highly recommend picking this up. I think Skyrim has become my favorite game. The content is just mind blowingly huge, gameplay is huge, and the 3rd party addon (for PC, anyway) community is massive.

I think Skyrim has one of the very best beginning sequences of any RPG I've ever played. It sucks you into the world of Skyrim from the moment your eyes open in the world. Oh, and the soundtrack is amazing. /fanboy rant.

I like the Hearthfire addon quite a bit. The homesteads you can "create" with it are a lot more engaging than the stock homes in Skyrim. My only complaint with Hearthfire is I wish there were more requirements for more unique materials. All I have left on my house is creating all the shrines in the basement which I have found to be very entertaining. I wouldn't mind if everything in Hearthfire cost twice as much and required more "keeping an eye out for stuff" while questing.

#11 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• 5,482 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:20

I don't know. I've started Skyrim more times I can count (with fingers of my one hand, all right?), but I just can't "get into" it. I keep thinking that I should force myself to see more of it and then I will suddenly realise all that I've lost. As for mods, I usually complete vanilla before, but... I can't be bothered. Which is weird - I really like FO3 and FNV - Skyrim's supposed to be the medieval cheese equivalent of those, right? It was the same with Oblivion - I saw the amazing vistas, the freedom, the possibilities and... never played it past getting out of jail, which I feel is a huge disgrace of some kind.

#12 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,309 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:25

I'll wait till this goes on sale on steam for $10.

#13 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,029 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:54

I don't know. I've started Skyrim more times I can count (with fingers of my one hand, all right?), but I just can't "get into" it. I keep thinking that I should force myself to see more of it and then I will suddenly realise all that I've lost. As for mods, I usually complete vanilla before, but... I can't be bothered. Which is weird - I really like FO3 and FNV - Skyrim's supposed to be the medieval cheese equivalent of those, right? It was the same with Oblivion - I saw the amazing vistas, the freedom, the possibilities and... never played it past getting out of jail, which I feel is a huge disgrace of some kind.

I had the same "wall" I was hitting with Oblivion and somewhat with Morrowind. After the second really boring Oblivion gate, I was done. I like Morrowind, I just had a hard time feeling like I was progressing very far. Skyrim really captured my heart right away and sucked me in. If it doesn't do it for you then it probably isn't for you...lol. Don't sweat it.

#14 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,320 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 25 April 2013 - 20:23

Are these just the same discs + DLC codes or is there a new disc with the content integrated (E.g. Halo ODST Halo 3 multiplayer disc) I wonder?

#15 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,645 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 21:35

Are these just the same discs + DLC codes or is there a new disc with the content integrated (E.g. Halo ODST Halo 3 multiplayer disc) I wonder?

For Fallout 3, it was all on disc. That's the only Bethsoft GOTY I own. I believe it was the same with Oblivion.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!