the elder scrolls v skyrim legendary edition bethesda softworks gaming

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 14,842 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 21:44

Given that I only own the original game and I have none of the expansions, I might consider this. Especially if it adds features that aren't in the original game (although surely they are going to patch it in for people that already own the original version?).

Actually, I haven't had a good run in Skyrim for a while now...I might go home and fight some dragons.

As a owner of the original and all of the DLC I would be pretty upset if they didn't add:

" ... features like combat cameras, mounted combat, Legendary difficulty mode for hardcore players, and Legendary skills."

I think "Legendary Skills" were added in the last patch. I'm fairly sure that they will patch these features in for everyone else.

#17 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 22:23

I just can't get back into this game. Put a ton of hours into it when it was first released, then PS3 got shafted from the DLC so long that I just lost all interest. Now it's all about Dragons Dogma for me. Basically same game, just more action-y.

#18 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• 2,635 posts
  • Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 25 April 2013 - 22:32

I still need to finish Skyrim

There is no finishing Skyrim :|

#19 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 9,674 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 25 April 2013 - 23:01

Well, I'm almost done with all of the Fallout 3 DLC so I may jump on this if I can get New Vegas done before it hits.

Rumors have been flying about Elder Scrolls Online getting all hands on deck, after that beta footage leaked showing it to be very generic. Supposedly, Bethesda was still working on some DLC at the time? Not sure, and yes, this is all speculation so take my words with a grain of salt... Just thought it rather interesting, if anything.

Also, Zenimax is spelled with an X now? :huh:

#20 hotdog963al

hotdog963al

Meow

• 7,649 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 23:01

Beth have a typo on their article. "Dragoborn" aye?

#21 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• 7,222 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 25 April 2013 - 23:19

There is no finishing Skyrim :|

lol. well, the main campaign thing. :p

#22 Raa

Raa

Resident something-or-rather

• 11,798 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 23:36

I never did buy Skyrim (yeah yeah, I know... I was waiting for a sale!!), so I may just pick this up now. :)

#23 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,345 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:39

Mods...?

#24 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,264 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:59

I bought all the DLC's but annoyingly the Dragonborn DLC glitched, I can never finish it.

#25 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• 7,222 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:38

I bought all the DLC's but annoyingly the Dragonborn DLC glitched, I can never finish it.

Which platform?

Can't uninstall/reinstall? Or have you tried that?

#26 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• 781 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:09

If I thought that Oblivion was a shallow pile of **** with a boring linear storyline, dull weapons, and a horrible "you will never feel strong" leveling system,
should I bother w/ Skyrim?

Edited by _Alexander, 28 April 2013 - 08:09.

#27 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

• 103 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:18

If I thought that Oblivion was a shallow pile of **** with a boring linear storyline, dull weapons, and a horrible "you will never feel strong" leveling system,

The main story line is pretty uninspiring, not the greatest work I've seen, but still solid. But there are a lot of hours playing the DLC's and doing all the various quest you run upon in the world.
The weapons is something you would find in a medieval fantasy world, there are mods to add new kind of weapons and armor both to loot tables and crafting.
The leveling system is pretty straight forward, just don't focus on too many skills, else you will be mediocre for some time depending on your choices. Again mods can help you, by make some of the less desirable talents stronger and make you want to take them (Heavy Armor!)
I wouldn't be able to play the TES series as much as I have if it were not for the modding community, if you have an annoyance with the game, there is most likely a mod for it.

#28 bitbucket

bitbucket

Neowinian Senior

• 3,939 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:21

I enjoyed playing through the game and DLC.. although without new content I won't be buying such a thing.

Bring on the next iteration of the elder scrolls story

#29 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,133 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:42

I agree, oblivions system was pretty dire, it's been improved in skyrim but it's still no morrowind.

#30 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 14,842 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 18:05

I felt the same way about Oblivion despite trying to get into it several times (on XBox 360 and PC). Skyrim's gameplay is far more engaging. I have Skyrim for PC and XBox 360, and it is far better on PC. The load times are just ridiculous on XBox 360, and the lack of hotkeys makes the gameplay EXCRUCIATING. If you are a fan of open world RPGs, then Skyrim is probably the best in that genera (IMO).

I just finished the final boss fight in Dawnguard with my mage. What a fantastic fight that was. I beat it on Master, now I want to go back and beat it on Legendary.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!