• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,403 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 01 May 2013 - 18:16

I felt the same way about Oblivion despite trying to get into it several times (on XBox 360 and PC). Skyrim's gameplay is far more engaging. I have Skyrim for PC and XBox 360, and it is far better on PC. The load times are just ridiculous on XBox 360, and the lack of hotkeys makes the gameplay EXCRUCIATING. If you are a fan of open world RPGs, then Skyrim is probably the best in that genera (IMO).

I just finished the final boss fight in Dawnguard with my mage. What a fantastic fight that was. I beat it on Master, now I want to go back and beat it on Legendary.

Except you forgot to address the "you will never feel strong" part of his post. This is absolutely THE main reason I hate Skyrim. The difficulty is so random and so not tiered in a way that gives you a sense of progression, that it's completely deflating. It's the worst thing about the game, followed closely by "most skills don't work, don't work the way they should, or are completely useless" which extremely limits your character customization.

#32 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,029 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 19:44

Except you forgot to address the "you will never feel strong" part of his post. This is absolutely THE main reason I hate Skyrim. The difficulty is so random and so not tiered in a way that gives you a sense of progression, that it's completely deflating. It's the worst thing about the game, followed closely by "most skills don't work, don't work the way they should, or are completely useless" which extremely limits your character customization.

Well, you do "feel strong" after about level 16 or so. The difficulty in the game is a bit inverse because the game is really quite difficult at first and then once you have at least one skill tree filled out past 75 skill levels or so the game because super easy even on Master difficulty (I haven't tried Legendary yet).

Further, the economy in Skyrim is kind of a joke. The only money sink in the game are from the trainers and I guess you can consider the homesteads a small money sink...they didn't take Hearthfire far enough IMO...they could easily make everything in Hearthfire about 2-4 times more expensive and I think it would give more incentive to complete quest lines that hand out only 500G.

For the PC there are many mods that attempt to address these issues. Skyrim Redone completely reworks the skill trees and combat system. It is worth checking out if you want more of a challenge.

Idk... I think I have a pretty solid understanding of everything that is wrong with the game, but I still love it. But being someone who didn't get that much into Oblivion I found Skyrim to be an overall better game.

The difficulty is suppose to scale with your levels, but there are also "low level" type quests and "high level" type quests and the game doesn't really make it clear which-is-which.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!