• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 13 May 2013 - 17:39

For clarity, what is your contract like? You mentioned you are hourly so I assume there was no formal project contract? As you say, you were on the home stretch of the project and it is they who decided to start a new one by changing the parameters, so I would personally approach it that way, which is a bit different an issue than simply 'an employee that wants to change everything'.

I work in the office and get pay by the hour. So thats not an issue. I'm getting pay for, it's the principle of the matter. I don't want to work on it forever just to get the design finish. There is no point on my part and theirs. I will also get burn out and would no longer want to design websites anymore. :-/

#92 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 13 May 2013 - 17:47

Doesn't it help your mental state to know that in fact you are 'starting' a new project vs 'stuck' with one you can't complete?

#93 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 May 2013 - 20:52

I work in the office and get pay by the hour. So thats not an issue. I'm getting pay for, it's the principle of the matter. I don't want to work on it forever just to get the design finish. There is no point on my part and theirs. I will also get burn out and would no longer want to design websites anymore. :-/

get the website to the finished state as agreed and asked to be paid what you are owed, then explain the amount of changes is so much work that you are basing it as a new project and don't have the time for it at the moment. job done. of course, without a contract explaining that changes outside of the final brief are not included in the price it may be difficult, if you have simply said 'i will give you a website for X amount' then they'll want a completed website for that amount.