Dell Inspiron - synaptics touchpad

I am having a slightly annoying issue with my touchpad. It's a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a Synaptics pad. Everything is working as it should (tapping, scrolling) but I also have an unusual "feature" which I'd like to disable. As I run my finger to the edge of the pad the cursor continues to move either horizontally or vertically after my finger reaches the edge and stops moving.

I've been away from Linux too long :) and I'm not even sure where to start looking to solve this.

Crunchbang Waldorf.

It sounds like a bug, but it will probably be a little hard to trace. Since Crunchbang uses the Debian repositories directly (it merely adds its own repository with themes, a couple of extra openbox utilities, and a default configuration), you could check Debian bug reports to see if the issue has been filed as a bug. You should probably also check the Debian users mailing list and Crunchbang forums to see if anyone else has asked this question before. Last but not least, the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log might point you in the right direction - or at least give you something to read.