Zach Braff reaches $2m required to make follow up to 'Garden State

2818d0a427e6c6e053591f8ec288c3fe.png

I was about to sign a typical financing deal in order to get the money to make "Wish I Was Here," my follow up to ?Garden State.? It would have involved making a lot of sacrifices I think would have ultimately hurt the film. I?ve been a backer for several projects on Kickstarter and thought the concept was fascinating and revolutionary for artists and innovators of all kinds. But I didn't imagine it could work on larger-scale projects. I was wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbyQxxTvlaQ

I'm really rich and fully believe in my vision. Please give me money!

He is quite rich, he got paid around $200k an episode for Scrubs towards the end but I think he just wants people to be involved

...and will play the main character like in Garden State.

Considering he's said many times that the film will have the same tone and feel as Garden State, well, you're probably right.

Really enjoyed Garden State, not seen it in years though. This has made me want to re-watch it. I'm sure the project will be a huge success, can't wait to see the final product.

It's a great video to go along with the campaign. If I was in a better financial state right now than class "complete financial wreck" I'd pledge to this!

Hopefully my first wage packet comes through in time to be able to pledge. I believe it's the same day I get paid that it ends!

I'm really rich and fully believe in my vision. Please give me money!

He's only worth $22 million, come on, give him a break! (source: http://www.celebrity...raff-net-worth/)

In all honesty, though, the same could be said for almost anyone in Hollywood wanting to do a movie. No one wants to put up their own money, or a majority stake in their own project, in case it does fail.

And doing it this way, it does limit the stake to each investor. Not necessarily justifying it, but it is easier for most people to lose $10 verses a handful of investors losing hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars.