Mom Abducted From Late Shift Job

The disappearance of a Michigan mother who was last seen working the late shift at a gas station was reclassified today as an abduction, as the woman's family pleaded for her safe return.

Jessica Heeringa, 25, made her last sale at the Exxon gas station in North Shores, Mich., at 11 p.m. Friday, police said. She was preparing to close the store for the night, but 15 minutes later authorities said they received a call from a concerned customer reporting that there was no employee at the open gas station.

"She was going to get out in 15 minutes," Shelly Heeringa, Jessica's mother, told ABC News. "In 15 minutes that store would've been closed and she would've been on her way home."

Heeringa's purse and keys were left behind and the cleaning supplies she always took out at closing time were on the counter, her mother said.

North Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said today that it appeared robbery was not a motive, and that the store's cash drawer was left untouched.

The gas station was not outfitted with surveillance cameras, so investigators are relying on tips to help them zero in on what happened during the 15 minute time frame Heeringa went missing.

Shaw said authorities are looking for a silver minivan, possible a Chrysler Town and Country, that was seen in the area prior to Jessica's disappearance.

Shelly Heeringa said someone saw her daughter "walk out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but when they got to his van, a struggle ensued.

"If somebody did take her, I wish they would just drop her some place so she could come home," Heeringa said of her daughter.

"She's just a hard working girl. She was trying to support her child," she said. "She was trying to get her life going and she just needs to come home."

source

Hopefully she's not a stat yet. The problem is after someone does something to someone the option is let them go along with the memory they have of you or erase their memory -- unfortunately it's easier to 'erase' the memory and likely seems like the better solution. That is, until you get caught, then it was quite obviously the worst solution but I don't think these types of people are real thinkers.

Rape or mugging that went bad or a setial killer are possibles too. Several recent examples in these parts.

Stuff like this is why most new carry licensees & combat tactics students are women, especially those that work afternoon or midnight shifts. Any chance is better than no chance.

Stuff like this is why most new carry licensees & combat tactics students are women, especially those that work afternoon or midnight shifts. Any chance is better than no chance.

Yes, more guns are the answer to everything. You are aware that the states with the toughest guns laws have less crime, right? But feel free to live under your false sense of security, brah. :)

On the topic, I do hope things work out for this woman.

A composite drawing was issued by the cops along with a request to keep eyes open for a silver or gray Chrysler minivan with him driving it. Hopefully it jarrs some memories.

DETROIT ? A West Michigan police chief has released a sketch of a man sought for questioning in the disappearance of a 25-year-old woman from her job as a gas station night clerk.

Police are searching for a gray minivan and its driver, who is described as a white man, age 30 to 40, about 6 feet tall, with light brown wavy hair. The description is from witnesses who saw the van parked near the station and driving away.

post-37120-0-67297600-1367416713.jpg

That's quite the drawing. I wonder how much they paid the kindergartener to do it?

The fact that she supposedly walked out of the station with this person and only seemed to struggle once they got to his van is strange. I wonder if she knew him?

That's quite the drawing. I wonder how much they paid the kindergartener to do it?

That's quite the moronic comment. This sketch may in fact help save her life and/or bring to justice the person(s) responsible for her disappearance. If she were your relative or friend, I'm sure you would want to try anything and everything to find her.

Or would you?

Yet another example of someone spouting off online without thinking first.

Yes, more guns are the answer to everything. You are aware that the states with the toughest guns laws have less crime, right? But feel free to live under your false sense of security, brah. :)

doesnt sound like he had a gun ? but if she did ....things would have been different .... you dont need a gun to commit a crime, but some people cant defend them selves without one... I can defend my self fine without one ....but would still like one to look good in my collection

That's quite the moronic comment. This sketch may in fact help save her life and/or bring to justice the person(s) responsible for her disappearance. If she were your relative or friend, I'm sure you would want to try anything and everything to find her.

Or would you?

Yet another example of someone spouting off online without thinking first.

If I were related to this person, I would super ****ed if that was the best a sketch artist could do. The feature proportions are all off, and it doesn't look realistic at all. That is part of a sketch artist is supposed to do, make the sketch believable as well as take into account feature descriptions. That image simply looks bush league.

Obviously it MAY help to find this person, and I hope it does. But congrats on making an illogical and unrelated leap from my critique of the sketch to my moral compass.

Lets take a look at Chicago shall we? Where in the two weeks after Newtown at least 10 teenagers were killed WITH GUNS. Isn't pretty hard for a teenager to get a gun in Illinois? Oh wait, no it's not, because they're all in the criminals hands, which are unregulated and have unknown numbers. Isn't it strange that in the places where there are tough gun laws, the only people that have them are criminals, because they don't give a **** about gun laws?

Where I live in Canada, (Winnipeg to be specific), more crimes are being committed with guns than ever before. 14 year olds running around with hand guns robbing and killing people for FUN. And I as a citizen am unable to defend myself because of this nanny state bull**** and people like you that make legal gun owners out to be psychopaths that only want to murder innocents.

On Topic: Gas stations should have weapons (at very LEAST a taser) behind the counter to stop idiots like this from doing exactly what this guy did. Its sad that people don't see the need to defend themselves in the ****ed up world.

I hope that she is okay, he gets caught, and has his skin peeled off =)