• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 XerXis

XerXis

Neowinian Senior

• 5,095 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:57

Then you are as naive as the parents.

Please, don't take me as cold or out of context. I'm not saying what they did was right. I am saying "I can fully believe this happened and wouldn't have posted the photo in the first place, I've been to 4chan and I know how low the Internet can stoop"

Yes, but this is not about someone on 4chan, it's about a commercial radio station using their son as advertising. Big difference

#17 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,206 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:28

Yes, but this is not about someone on 4chan, it's about a commercial radio station using their son as advertising. Big difference

Not really. Not anymore.

Where 4chan goes, the rest of the web follows. Also, by "4chan" I mean that site and those of it's ilk.

Lolcats used in adverts, lip-syncing animals, and so on. Companies want "internet marketing gurus" who "have their finger on the pulse". They want to be "cutting edge". Unfortunately that translates into "rip-off 4chan".

#18 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,711 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 14:40

Not really. Not anymore.

Where 4chan goes, the rest of the web follows. Also, by "4chan" I mean that site and those of it's ilk.

Lolcats used in adverts, lip-syncing animals, and so on. Companies want "internet marketing gurus" who "have their finger on the pulse". They want to be "cutting edge". Unfortunately that translates into "rip-off 4chan".

Might make for a good case where it will be illegal to use images like this in the future for any advertising. including handicaps, catz, or what ever meme pops up.

#19 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,014 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 02 May 2013 - 14:01

trying to stop people using the word retard or retarded is just.... retarded .... its a scientific term stating ones mental abilities/intelligence. below 72IQ and you are mentally retarded (may need correction on the number) .....just because this kid is autistic does not mean he is retarded, i am autistic and I have an IQ only a few points below genius