6 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 656 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 18:15

Call of Duty website launches teaser to official Ghosts reveal
by John Callaham

It's not a shock to learn that Activision is working on the next game in their mega-popular Call of Duty first person shooter series. Last week, some retail sources accidentally revealed the name of the next game from developer Infinity Ward: Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Today, the official Call of Duty website started looking ... odd on its main page. It looks like the site is collecting Facebook and Twitter accounts from fans and using their avatars or photos to create what looks like a mosaic image that is slowly but surely forming one large image. It's possible that the final image will be the official Call of Duty: Ghosts box art.

It's looking like that the official reveal for the game will be made on May 1st. IGN reported a few days ago that images showing some promotional material heading for GameStop retailers had a May 1st date for the next Call of Duty game announcement. Last's years reveal of Call of Duty: Black Ops II was also made on May 1st with a TV commercial that first aired during the NBA Playoffs. Naturally, we will post when and if the next game in the series will be announced.

Source: Activision | Image via Activision

#2 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 9,682 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:13

So I guess this image has nothing to do with it then? Found it on Reddit, wasn't sure if it was a shop or just some placeholder. Rather interesting and well done logo though...

Posted Image

Full Size

#3 tytytucke

tytytucke

Neowinian

• 687 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:18

I don't believe that MW4 logo for a second. maybe a place holder. But that logo is to complex and confusing for the general public. They would of made the M more distinguishable then that. Also I still miss Ghost from MW2

Edit: I thought I remember reading somewhere they where going to start releasing 2 Call of duty's a year instead of just 1.

#4 -Deleted-

-Deleted-

Neowinian

• 204 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:10

Am i the only one completely done with this series? Stopped at Mw3...It's just a rehash every time these come out..On release date everyone is calling it "amazing, 10/10, best cod ever" and then 2 months later its a big bag of **** and everyone is waiting for the next one to come.

I'll be skipping this one unless i see some serious changes to the outdated style that is "Call of Duty"

#5 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 9,682 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:20

I don't believe that MW4 logo for a second. maybe a place holder. But that logo is to complex and confusing for the general public.

Would match the story at least. :laugh:

Posted Image

#6 Silpheed2K

Silpheed2K

Neowinian

• 299 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 23:06

Customers should just stop supporting these cash grab shovelware from these companies. If there's nothing innovative, new or fun, then please stop buying it. I just have to say it. This is just another game they will drive until it crashes into the ground. Like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk..... either way, vote with your money.

#7 tytytucke

tytytucke

Neowinian

• 687 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:08

Am I the only one completely done with this series? Stopped at Mw3...It's just a rehash every time these come out..On release date everyone is calling it "amazing, 10/10, best cod ever" and then 2 months later its a big bag of **** and everyone is waiting for the next one to come.

I'll be skipping this one unless i see some serious changes to the outdated style that is "Call of Duty"

The quotes used in commercials are from game reviewers, not average consumers. Also every video game released to date is a big bag of outdated rehashed Sh*t. According to me.

Customers should just stop supporting these cash grab shovelware from these companies. If there's nothing innovative, new or fun, then please stop buying it. I just have to say it. This is just another game they will drive until it crashes into the ground. Like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk..... either way, vote with your money.

Its becoming more of a addiction than a choice. Company's aren't going to change something that works and will continue to work, why should they? people obviously like the games. sales are only going upward.

Maybe other game developers need to start putting more money into their games and find out what works instead of trying to be another call of duty clone.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!