Real bodies found at murder mystery party

The bodies of a man and a woman were found in a swimming pool at a British hotel, where a murder mystery party was planned.

Medical examiners are performing autopsies on the bodies of the woman, in her early 20s, and the man, in his early 30s, who were both from London, according to a Sky News report.

Staff members at the Down Hall Country House Hotel in Essex, England, discovered the bodies in the water Saturday night and dived in to try to save the victims. Despite the best efforts of staff members and emergency responders, they could not revive the victims, who were pronounced dead at the scene.

A murder mystery game was scheduled to start at the hotel Sunday, but it was canceled after the bodies were found.

Essex Police investigating the deaths have not determined a cause, and are focusing on the relationship between the victims. Chief Inspector Nick Lee told Sky the police are not looking for any suspects in connection with the deaths.

Guests who showed up at the hotel to attend the murder mystery party thought the cancellation and police presence at the hotel was part of the game.

"So we drove down here and saw all the police here and even then I thought it was just a hoax," guest Frankie Heritage said. "Then I walked in and asked a member of staff about it and they were sort of sworn to secrecy. They said they didn't know anything. But I still thought it was part of the murder mystery weekend."

The luxury hotel ? located in the countryside 45 minutes outside London ? is an old Italian mansion that dates back to 1322.

Hotel manager Chris Falcus said Down Hall employees are cooperating with police and are "devastated" by the incident, adding, "Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those concerned.?

source

How does 2 people drown in a swimming pool ? Usually if somebody is drowning, the other can help. What are the odds of it being just an accident over a real murder then ?

How does 2 people drown in a swimming pool ? Usually if somebody is drowning, the other can help. What are the odds of it being just an accident over a real murder then ?

Helping someone who is drowning can be dangerous. It's very easy for a drowning person to accidentally drown the person trying to rescue them.

• Like 1

Helping someone who is drowning can be dangerous. It's very easy for a drowning person to accidentally drown the person trying to rescue them.

In a lake sure, but a pool ? Anyway ..

In a lake sure, but a pool ? Anyway ..

Why does it matter? It's a body of water. The size is irrelevant.

Why does it matter? It's a body of water. The size is irrelevant.

I guess if you happened upon a car accident you'd just nonchalantly step off to the side and wait for the ambulance and such like to show up. Might be dangerous to help the people out of the car in case it explodes or something.

I guess if you happened upon a car accident you'd just nonchalantly step off to the side and wait for the ambulance and such like to show up. Might be dangerous to help the people out of the car in case it explodes or something.

actually, that is what police and emergency workers would recommend (unless you had training), since you can harm the person more, by trying to move them without knowing what you are doing. they might have broken ribs or spine or something else that might be aggravated by you moving them out of the car.

As someone else mentioned that's often what they recommend as you can do more harm than good unless you have proper medical training. Not to mention that's a awful analogy and not even remotely close to being the same thing. When people are drowning they often panic trying to keep themselves above water and as a result they can grab on to their rescuer and push them down to keep themselves above the water.

:s Nothing to do with the point I was making.

You're assuming that they died at the same time. Just to think outside of the box for a moment (this was a murder mystery party, after all) what if the killer drowned the first victim and left them in the pool, waiting for the second victim to come and attempt to rescue victim 1? Victim 2 jumps in, and the killer uses the opportunity to surprise them and drown them next.

Also, there is no mention in the article that they died from drowning, or that they were conscious when in the pool. Someone could have knocked them out and put them in the pool for whatever reason, leaving the unconscious victims to drown.

It wouldn't be nonchalantly, but I would probably step away and assess the situation. As others have said, as I don't have up-to-date medical training I would probably do more harm than good.