Kotaku Rumor: Microsoft 6 months behind in game production for Durango

Well this generation isn't over yet, we'll see what happens with price cuts, and if BC is not going to be added to PS4/Durango, sales are sure to continue to progress.

MS certainly aren't helping themselves on the gaming front if they bail out from the 360 with a whimper (and inevitably push casual/media), 2013 in terms of AAA exclusives is looking very weak compared to Sony.

worldwide_totals.png?a=700

That's not bad for a console that launched a year late and at such a high price with difficult to develop for architecture.

There's a massive point here to consider. PS3 is mostly applicable and sells the best in Asian countries. Xbox is primarily advertised to the west.

Xbox 360 has been the best selling console in the US for 27 months (NPD).

The fact of the matter is, the PS will always do well and will carry on to do well in Asain countries, but primarily doesn't do as well as the Xbox in the west.

There's a massive point here to consider. PS3 is mostly applicable and sells the best in Asian countries. Xbox is primarily advertised to the west.

The fact of the matter is, the PS will always do well and will carry on to do well in Asain countries, but primarily doesn't do as well as the Xbox in the west.

The strongest region for the PS is actually Europe, not Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Sales_and_production_costs

The strongest region for the PS is actually Europe, not Asia.

Really?

That's surprising as the Xbox still outsold the PS3 in the UK last year.

Care to share some positive rumours?

It's kind of easy to scroll the list of threads in the Xbox forums and ignore all threads started by Audioboxer.

The thing that's frustrating is so many people on Neowin rail on at you for not posting topics they want... and even they don't post the topics they want :huh: :/

"Post more positive topics!"

Well, you go ahead and do it. Why do I need to if it's apparently that easy to do so? HawkMan hasn't even started one topic in the first page of this 360 section. The ironic thing is the people who have been covering the past few weeks of Durango rumours are by large the only people keeping this section active (I mean the MS section, decent activity other sections across the GH). Whether or not the rumours are positive or negative is fairly irrelevant if it's what the rest of the gaming scene are hot at discussing.

No it's frustrating to see people post only negative Xbox articles and not ever once bother about covering non-negative (forget positive) news. These Durango rumors are just flavor of the month reflection into the Xbox section for past few years. All regular posters of this forums were driven away because of the constant negativity in the Xbox section.

No it's frustrating to see people post only negative Xbox articles and not ever once bother about covering non-negative (forget positive) news. These Durango rumors are just flavor of the month reflection into the Xbox section for past few years. All regular posters of this forums were driven away because of the constant negativity in the Xbox section.

Become a regular poster then!

You've never seen or played Yakuza? While not a conventional JPRG, it fits easily into the category due to all the sidequests, dating sim, mini-games, loot, ect. Take out all the Yakuza games if you want, there's still a load of strictly conventional JRPGs up there.

I actually cannot believe you simply wrote my list off like that. HawkMan, you're a lost cause for rationality on this board.

yeah,, but your list is also full of games that are not "traditional" JRPGs or even JRPGs at all, and a lot of them are Japan release only.

yeah,, but your list is also full of games that are not "traditional" JRPGs or even JRPGs at all, and a lot of them are Japan release only.

Nope, only Tales of Vesperia (for PS3), Tales of Xillia 2 and Yakuza 5.

Xillia 1 is being released this year in English, 2 will probably follow. Very likely YK5 will see an english release as well considering past titles all have (besides Kenzan which I haven't listed). That is hardly a lot. Also besides Yakuza, what else isn't traditional? Demons/Dark Souls?

I own a fair amount of the titles I've listed HawkMan, so to say they are Japan only released is rather funny.

I think it would be a fairly safe bet to say that the next xbox will have heating and heat/cool cycles tested far beyond what is normal, and the products won't have any issues with heat

One could've said the same back before the 360 was launched too. You just never know. At least speculation of hardware quality is a valid concern, seeing with what happened with the 360 fiasco. I'd still be a bit skeptical myself, seeing how they released the Surface Pro which is quite warm when just sitting idle. :ermm:

I'm certainly no early adopter though when it comes to hardware.

In this thread: OP posts pro-Sony, anti MS rumor and replies every few posts to defend himself.

More seriously, all it needs is one or two A+ launch titles which I'm sure are not behind. Anything else they might as well delay till a bit after launch to keep momentum going.

In this thread: OP posts pro-Sony, anti MS rumor and replies every few posts to defend himself.

More seriously, all it needs is one or two A+ launch titles which I'm sure are not behind. Anything else they might as well delay till a bit after launch to keep momentum going.

I don't know the OP's motivation but I would agree with your assessment. One or two AAA titles, especially if one is from Halo family and the other from Gears of War family.

I'm not so sure about the set top box thing. I'm not into Kinect either, but millions are or will be.

I'm telling you it's the controller made for smaller hands. Even now, I won't go back to PS3 without taking the Xbox controller which will add about $70 for an adapter to use the wireless controller.

not like anyone can do worse than Nintendo anyway.

Yeah its clearly pro-Sony if you post something negative about Durango. No wonder this section of the forums are dead if you post anything you are either pro this or anti that and have to spend next 5 pages defending yourself.

Since when UK = europe ?

I couldn't find any source regarding console sales in general Europe, hence stating UK information.

Unlike other posters here, I don't form claims based on fantasy.