Photo

Kotaku Rumor: Microsoft 6 months behind in game production for Durango

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2013 - 14:29

Kind of like how some people go all out post all the negative rumors , pretend anything else doesn't exist, and blab on about the negative rumors in every xbox thread you mean ?

Or did you have one of those magical coins with only one side ?

Care to share some positive rumours?

#47 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 April 2013 - 14:31

The thing that's frustrating is so many people on Neowin rail on at you for not posting topics they want... and even they don't post the topics they want :huh: :/

"Post more positive topics!"

Well, you go ahead and do it. Why do I need to if it's apparently that easy to do so? HawkMan hasn't even started one topic in the first page of this 360 section. The ironic thing is the people who have been covering the past few weeks of Durango rumours are by large the only people keeping this section active (I mean the MS section, decent activity other sections across the GH). Whether or not the rumours are positive or negative is fairly irrelevant if it's what the rest of the gaming scene are hot at discussing.

#48 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 30 April 2013 - 14:36

Surely if anything the PS4 is behind, after all they decided to put 8gig in right before the announcement.

#49 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 April 2013 - 14:40

Surely if anything the PS4 is behind, after all they decided to put 8gig in right before the announcement.

Oh, and the fact that they didn't actually show the console? I'd say the 8GB was more competitive based due to rumors of the nextbox having that, which does show a sign of anxiety. You've got to feel for Sony, they've been dethroned and MS are fast taking their market.

Someone thinking outside the box. Everyone believes everything. For people to think opinion is not mixed in with these rumors is stupid.

#50 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2013 - 14:43

Oh, and the fact that they didn't actually show the console? I'd say the 8GB was more competitive based due to rumors of the nextbox having that, which does show a sign of anxiety. You've got to feel for Sony, they've been dethroned and MS are fast taking their market.

Posted Image

That's not bad for a console that launched a year late and at such a high price with difficult to develop for architecture.

#51 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 April 2013 - 14:46

Well this generation isn't over yet, we'll see what happens with price cuts, and if BC is not going to be added to PS4/Durango, sales are sure to continue to progress.

MS certainly aren't helping themselves on the gaming front if they bail out from the 360 with a whimper (and inevitably push casual/media), 2013 in terms of AAA exclusives is looking very weak compared to Sony.

#52 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:01

Posted Image

That's not bad for a console that launched a year late and at such a high price with difficult to develop for architecture.

There's a massive point here to consider. PS3 is mostly applicable and sells the best in Asian countries. Xbox is primarily advertised to the west.

Xbox 360 has been the best selling console in the US for 27 months (NPD).

The fact of the matter is, the PS will always do well and will carry on to do well in Asain countries, but primarily doesn't do as well as the Xbox in the west.

#53 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:03

There's a massive point here to consider. PS3 is mostly applicable and sells the best in Asian countries. Xbox is primarily advertised to the west.

Xbox 360 has been the best selling console in the US for 27 months (NPD).

The fact of the matter is, the PS will always do well and will carry on to do well in Asain countries, but primarily doesn't do as well as the Xbox in the west.

The strongest region for the PS is actually Europe, not Asia.

http://en.wikipedia....roduction_costs

#54 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:07

Really?

That's surprising as the Xbox still outsold the PS3 in the UK last year.

#55 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:16

Really?

That's surprising as the Xbox still outsold the PS3 in the UK last year.

Since when UK = europe ?

#56 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:16

http://en.wikipedia....roduction_costs

That's true for overall sales but not market share. The PS3 has a much larger market share than the X360 in Japan / Asia, while in Europe the two are more closely matched.

#57 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:17

It's kind of easy to scroll the list of threads in the Xbox forums and ignore all threads started by Audioboxer.

The thing that's frustrating is so many people on Neowin rail on at you for not posting topics they want... and even they don't post the topics they want :huh: :/

"Post more positive topics!"

Well, you go ahead and do it. Why do I need to if it's apparently that easy to do so? HawkMan hasn't even started one topic in the first page of this 360 section. The ironic thing is the people who have been covering the past few weeks of Durango rumours are by large the only people keeping this section active (I mean the MS section, decent activity other sections across the GH). Whether or not the rumours are positive or negative is fairly irrelevant if it's what the rest of the gaming scene are hot at discussing.

No it's frustrating to see people post only negative Xbox articles and not ever once bother about covering non-negative (forget positive) news. These Durango rumors are just flavor of the month reflection into the Xbox section for past few years. All regular posters of this forums were driven away because of the constant negativity in the Xbox section.

#58 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:21

No it's frustrating to see people post only negative Xbox articles and not ever once bother about covering non-negative (forget positive) news. These Durango rumors are just flavor of the month reflection into the Xbox section for past few years. All regular posters of this forums were driven away because of the constant negativity in the Xbox section.

Become a regular poster then!

#59 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 April 2013 - 16:30

You've never seen or played Yakuza? While not a conventional JPRG, it fits easily into the category due to all the sidequests, dating sim, mini-games, loot, ect. Take out all the Yakuza games if you want, there's still a load of strictly conventional JRPGs up there.

I actually cannot believe you simply wrote my list off like that. HawkMan, you're a lost cause for rationality on this board.

yeah,, but your list is also full of games that are not "traditional" JRPGs or even JRPGs at all, and a lot of them are Japan release only.

#60 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:03

yeah,, but your list is also full of games that are not "traditional" JRPGs or even JRPGs at all, and a lot of them are Japan release only.

Nope, only Tales of Vesperia (for PS3), Tales of Xillia 2 and Yakuza 5.

Xillia 1 is being released this year in English, 2 will probably follow. Very likely YK5 will see an english release as well considering past titles all have (besides Kenzan which I haven't listed). That is hardly a lot. Also besides Yakuza, what else isn't traditional? Demons/Dark Souls?

I own a fair amount of the titles I've listed HawkMan, so to say they are Japan only released is rather funny.