Kotaku Rumor: Microsoft 6 months behind in game production for Durango

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:47

I think it would be a fairly safe bet to say that the next xbox will have heating and heat/cool cycles tested far beyond what is normal, and the products won't have any issues with heat

One could've said the same back before the 360 was launched too. You just never know. At least speculation of hardware quality is a valid concern, seeing with what happened with the 360 fiasco. I'd still be a bit skeptical myself, seeing how they released the Surface Pro which is quite warm when just sitting idle. :ermm:

I'm certainly no early adopter though when it comes to hardware.

#62 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:52

In this thread: OP posts pro-Sony, anti MS rumor and replies every few posts to defend himself.

More seriously, all it needs is one or two A+ launch titles which I'm sure are not behind. Anything else they might as well delay till a bit after launch to keep momentum going.

#63 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:40

In this thread: OP posts pro-Sony, anti MS rumor and replies every few posts to defend himself.

More seriously, all it needs is one or two A+ launch titles which I'm sure are not behind. Anything else they might as well delay till a bit after launch to keep momentum going.

I don't know the OP's motivation but I would agree with your assessment. One or two AAA titles, especially if one is from Halo family and the other from Gears of War family.

I'm not so sure about the set top box thing. I'm not into Kinect either, but millions are or will be.

There's a massive point here to consider. PS3 is mostly applicable and sells the best in Asian countries. Xbox is primarily advertised to the west.

Xbox 360 has been the best selling console in the US for 27 months (NPD).

The fact of the matter is, the PS will always do well and will carry on to do well in Asain countries, but primarily doesn't do as well as the Xbox in the west.

I'm telling you it's the controller made for smaller hands. Even now, I won't go back to PS3 without taking the Xbox controller which will add about $70 for an adapter to use the wireless controller.

#64 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 April 2013 - 20:01

not like anyone can do worse than Nintendo anyway.

#65 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2013 - 20:06

Yeah its clearly pro-Sony if you post something negative about Durango. No wonder this section of the forums are dead if you post anything you are either pro this or anti that and have to spend next 5 pages defending yourself.

#66 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

Posted 30 April 2013 - 20:14

not like anyone can do worse than Nintendo anyway.

/thread

#67 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:41

Since when UK = europe ?

I couldn't find any source regarding console sales in general Europe, hence stating UK information.

Unlike other posters here, I don't form claims based on fantasy.