56 replies to this topic

#1 gcaw

gcaw

Neowinian

• 380 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:32

GTA V: Three new trailers reveal more about the new Grand Theft Auto
by Andy Weir

The long, long wait for GTA V is almost over. Rockstar has been teasing us in recent months with lots and lots and lots and LOTS of screenshots for the latest instalment in the Grand Theft Auto series, since revealing the first official trailer, all the way back in November 2011. 

We're still not quite there, of course. Rockstar broke our hearts back in January when they announced that the launch of GTA V had been delayed by four months, but as far as we know, everything is still on track for the new release date of September 17, 2013. 

But today, Rockstar has released not one, not two, but THREE new trailers, entitled 'Michael', 'Franklin' and 'Trevor', reflecting the identities of the three protagonists which players can choose to play the game as. 

GTA V will be released on Xbox and PlayStation, but while Rockstar says that a PC version remains a possibility, there are still no firm plans to make the game available for PC gamers. 

For now though, check out the trailers, and let us know what you think below!

Source: Rockstar Games

#2 ShadowMajestic

ShadowMajestic

Neowinian Senior

• 5,828 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:40

I can finally have the choice of character? Instead of being stuck with the basic one?
Didnt like the gangsta oriented GTA's of the past.

GTA V actually seems interesting so far :) Much better then SA and 4 IMO.

#3 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,399 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:50

Oooh - awesome!! I hope we get to play all the characters.

#4 .Markus

.Markus

supertramp

• 3,688 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:58

Loving it so far! Have to take out a few days vacation for when it comes out in September! :)

#5 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,321 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 30 April 2013 - 16:04

The graphics look terrible and I haven't seen any evidence that the gameplay has improved substantially, as Rockstar has been deliberately secretive about most of the game. I think it was a mistake to target this game at the current generation, as the X360 and PS3 simply aren't powerful enough to do a game world this size justice. That's why it's all the more ridiculous that the PC version is always held back, as that's the one platform that can currently handle such a large, detailed world.

#6 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

• 894 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 16:13

Oooh - awesome!! I hope we get to play all the characters.

Yes, that's the plan. All 3 protagonists are to have their own playable scenarios ... plus (AIUI) in missions where all 3 of the main
characters are involved, and you can dynamically switch between either character during gameplay. One character could be in
a stolen car being chased by the police, the second character is flying an assault chopper firing miniguns, the third character
is repelling down the side of an office building while under attack from a SWAT helicopter that's being fired upon by the
second character, and you can swap between characters as often as you want.

#7 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

Neowinian Senior

• 1,620 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 30 April 2013 - 16:16

Um, the whole GTA franchise is all about gangster life. Do you mean ghetto?

#8 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,654 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:15

The graphics look terrible and I haven't seen any evidence that the gameplay has improved substantially, as Rockstar has been deliberately secretive about most of the game. I think it was a mistake to target this game at the current generation, as the X360 and PS3 simply aren't powerful enough to do a game world this size justice. That's why it's all the more ridiculous that the PC version is always held back, as that's the one platform that can currently handle such a large, detailed world.

Oh come on! The graphics might not be high end, but the game looks absolutely incredible! How you could simply say it has terrible graphis is beyond me... It clearly doesn't need to be next gen. Not to mention the development cycle & install base is reason enough to keep it on current gen.

#9 notchinese

notchinese

Neowinian

• 488 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:40

I can finally have the choice of character? Instead of being stuck with the basic one?

GTA V actually seems interesting so far :) Much better then SA and 4 IMO.

SA was the best by miles and miles.

#10 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,321 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:42

Oh come on! The graphics might not be high end, but the game looks absolutely incredible! How you could simply say it has terrible graphis is beyond me.

Well, you and I clearly have different opinions as to what constitutes "absolutely incredible". As a PC gamer I consider the graphics shown in the trailer to be very weak.

The last GTA game I enjoyed was Vice City.

#11 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:46

Well, you and I clearly have different opinions as to what constitutes "absolutely incredible". As a PC gamer I consider the graphics shown in the trailer to be very weak.

The last GTA game I enjoyed was Vice City.

This isn't a PC game though, its a game made for consoles that are 6 years old that has 256mb of RAM and 256MB of VRAM. I'd like to see a 6 year old PC pump out "incredible" graphics.

I like how you can use your crystal ball and see what the gameplay mechanics are from a 1 min trailer which was basically all cutscene.

#12 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 17:49

The graphics aren't spectacular but I think they're certainly adequate for the title.

You also have to take into account that the sheer scope of a game like this pretty much eclipses many others.

It's not all about graphics.

#13 ShareShiz

ShareShiz

Neowinian

• 969 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:01

3 words.

OH MY GOD !!!!

GTA V is gonna be epic.

#14 therat

therat

Neowinian

• 292 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X+

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:10

Looks really good, looking forward to this one.

#15 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,445 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:18

SA was the best by miles and miles.

Not that stupid remote controlled plane or helicopter part. I gave up on the game after that debacle.