• 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:22

:D cool,. i like this game

#17 +imachip

imachip

Neowinian

• 1,029 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:24

Trevor for the win. That guy looks to have some crazy fun :) Waiting for PC version though....

#18 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,284 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:27

This isn't a PC game though, its a game made for consoles that are 6 years old that has 256mb of RAM and 256MB of VRAM. I'd like to see a 6 year old PC pump out "incredible" graphics.

That's exactly my point, though. Nobody would expect a six year old PC to provide a decent gaming experience, yet for some reason people have different standards when it comes to consoles. The PC has continued to evolve as a platform, whilst console games struggle to maintain 30fps at 720p. These trailers highlight the limitations of designing games for consoles - low quality textures, low polygon models / environments, poor quality lighting, limited physics, etc. Watch_Dogs is being designed for PC as well as next generation consoles and it looks better - they've actually been happy to show off gameplay, while Rockstar has been incredibly secretive.

The lack of any gameplay videos for GTA5 is concerning.

#19 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,597 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:38

^ I agree but hasn't this been the case since, well, forever? It sucks that PCs, while being superior in sheer performance, are always the ones being ported to as an afterthought.

#20 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 253 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon

Posted 30 April 2013 - 18:50

I personally like the graphics/art style, and GTA graphics have always been cartoony-ish. They didn't show off any GTA IV gameplay before release either, so they might be continuing the trend with this GTA.

#21 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:02

I can only imagine the required pc specs the new gta game is going to call for. Gta iv was such a heavy resource chugging game on pcs!

#22 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:06

Think it was more down to poor optimisation of the engine requiring monster specs. If it comes to PC hopefully they will spend the proper amount of time optmising it.

#23 Gabe3

Gabe3

If you lack enemies, you are not doing something worthwhile

• 1,437 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:14

I personally like the graphics/art style, and GTA graphics have always been cartoony-ish. They didn't show off any GTA IV gameplay before release either, so they might be continuing the trend with this GTA.

thats just what I'm going to tell my self. some of the graphics look great, while others not so much.

I always played the gta's on consoles. i'd like to get gta 5 on pc but still no release date and gta 4 for pc came out 7 months after the console versions.

#24 Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• 4,000 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:22

If it does come to PC I hope the port is as good as Max Payne 3 was.

#25 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,157 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:23

Think it was more down to poor optimisation of the engine requiring monster specs. If it comes to PC hopefully they will spend the proper amount of time optmising it.

I just hope it will be properly optimized. They can leave the ****ty console graphics. The modding community will fix it, just like they did with GTA IV: http://imgur.com/a/Tizsv/all

#26 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• 3,621 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:25

GTA 5 looks great to be honest, however I remember thinking that about GTA 4 which turned out to be terrible. Of course that's my opinion, i just never really got in to GTA 4 and found it to be a little too realistic for my tastes. The last GTA game i really enjoyed was Vice City on the PC back in 2003, so we will see!

It would be great if the game was a next gen game, however that would ruin sales considering how many people would have a next gen console compared to the 360 / PS3.

#27 Master of Earth

Master of Earth

Neowinian

• 762 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:33

The graphics look terrible and I haven't seen any evidence that the gameplay has improved substantially, as Rockstar has been deliberately secretive about most of the game. I think it was a mistake to target this game at the current generation, as the X360 and PS3 simply aren't powerful enough to do a game world this size justice. That's why it's all the more ridiculous that the PC version is always held back, as that's the one platform that can currently handle such a large, detailed world.

I can understand how you feel, especially after watching watch dogs graphic and similar to GTA V game play. Have the best of both world. But GTA V will be fun to play regardless of the graphic.

#28 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• 2,493 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:45

^ I agree but hasn't this been the case since, well, forever? It sucks that PCs, while being superior in sheer performance, are always the ones being ported to as an afterthought.

If they make 5% of their profits from the PC segment, why would they care?

#29 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:51

Well, you and I clearly have different opinions as to what constitutes "absolutely incredible". As a PC gamer I consider the graphics shown in the trailer to be very weak.

I don't think we do differ that much. The difference is that I am not locked into just observing the technical aspects of a games visuals. I am looking at the world Rockstar has built with in these technical limitations. Their art & design is second to none.

Watch_Dogs is being designed for PC as well as next generation consoles and it looks better - they've actually been happy to show off gameplay, while Rockstar has been incredibly secretive.

The lack of any gameplay videos for GTA5 is concerning.

Rockstar has never shown raw game play of a GTA game prior to release. So it really shouldn't be concerning at all.

Watch Dogs looks awesome, but visually it doesn't excite me nearly as much as GTAV, even though it's technically far superior.

#30 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

• 894 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:57

Ok so the graphics might not be up to scratch compared with current PC gaming standards, but since this is primarily aimed
at console hardware that's about 7 years old, and is more about gameplay and typical GTA mayhem, than stunning visuals.

I can't help thinking those that are scoffing at the technical quality of the visuals in GTA V are mostly PC gaming snobs.