rockstar grand theft auto trailers gta v

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,395 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:27

I'm not going to stoop to your dumb / troll / blind or whatever you want to call it level, my advice to you is don't buy it and steer clear or future GTA titles as you clearly haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

#47 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:32

You just posted a beach scene screen show from GTAV and is very bland as well.
Same goes for the mountains - very bland - a few trees and what? Especially on the right - not impressive.

The engine does not seem to exceed any bar. God rays? Everyone has that.
Lightning? Horrible.
Hell, the preview shows that the drinking glass casts no shadow. That is very sad.
The last office screenshot - if you do not the low resolution shadows in that screenshot, you may be blind.
Lightning and fog to hide the lack of detail? Check.

Troll on little troller.

#48 bgjerlow

bgjerlow

Neowinian

• 323 posts
  • Phone: Samsung ATIV S

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:35

When will you all get it? Grand Theft Auto is not about graphics. It's about having fun. To be honest, I don't care if GTA 5 looks exactly like GTA 4. As long as the story is good, the game is fun and there is a lot of content. My main worry at the moment, is that the campaigns are going to pretty short since there is 3 different ones in the Retail game.

Some PC gamers really tick me off. All they think about is graphics. When and why did people start caring more about graphics than having fun? I don't get it.

#49 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,395 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:37

Some PC gamers really tick me off. All they think about is graphics. When and why did people start caring more about graphics than having fun? I don't get it.

Some sad people get more of a thrill / buzz from running around an endless forest, getting excited over textures and water reflections, while others buy games to play.

#50 este

este

Neowinian Senior

• 2,191 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:38

Have we seen any ACTUAL gameplay footage yet ?

#51 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:39

We haven't yet, there was a Rockstar press event where they got to see 30 mins of ingame footage.

#52 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,081 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:39

When will you all get it? Grand Theft Auto is not about graphics. It's about having fun. To be honest, I don't care if GTA 5 looks exactly like GTA 4. As long as the story is good, the game is fun and there is a lot of content. My main worry at the moment, is that the campaigns are going to pretty short since there is 3 different ones in the Retail game.

Amen to that. Gameplay > shiny graphics. That said, the GTA V screenshots and trailers look fine to me.

#53 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• 979 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 18:05

True. No one disagrees. If the gameplay is bad, the "wow" nice graphics thing will only amaze for a few minutes.
The trailers and the personalities are good - it may have that Vice City feel. I could not get into San Andreas for example because well it was just bland somehow and I could not connect to the character I played.

Yet, there should be no disagreement that GTAV is not modern in terms of graphics.

#54 este

este

Neowinian Senior

• 2,191 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 18:11

I waited to get GTA4 until the "Complete Edition" came out and I'm glad I did. I may or may not do that again with GTA5 ;)

#55 Kreuger

Kreuger

Neowin's Local Grouch

• 5,843 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 00:27

Wow Im liking this.

#56 Bad Booster

Bad Booster

Evil Mastermind

• 606 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad 2 16GB WiFi

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:12

Erect Penis Alert

#57 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,579 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 16:55

My main worry at the moment, is that the campaigns are going to pretty short since there is 3 different ones in the Retail game.

I think you're mistaken here. It's not actually 3 campagins in one. It's one story where you will play as all of these character throughout. You can switch characters as you please, but you will have to play as all of them to progress the story. Then of course there will be missions where all three characters take part & you can switch in mission to choose which role you want.

So you won't be able to play the entire game through as just one character.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!