5 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:04

Call of Duty: Ghosts release date outed as November 5th
by John Callaham

Activision's plans for the still unannounced Call of Duty: Ghosts continue to be revealed via leaked images. Today, a new promotional poster was uploaded to the Internet showing that the next game in the first person shooter series will be released on November 5th.

The poster, which was published on IGN, doesn't offer much else on what the next game in the series will be all about. It does show what appears to be a soldier that's taking off a mask, and that mask's design is similar to the one that was formed on the official Call of Duty website, using avatars and photos provided by a large number of Twitter and Facebook accounts.

The official reveal of the game is expected tomorrow, May 1st and we will likely get a teaser trailer showing a bit of the single player campaign from Call of Duty: Ghosts. The game itself is likely to be developed by Infinity Ward, which typically creates the next game in the franchise in odd-number years. It will be interesting to see how this game will differ from the three previous Modern Warfare-themed Call of Duty games, which were also developed by Infinity Ward.

Source: IGN | Image via IGN

#2 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 23:24

Surely no one saw that coming.

An unconfirmed source (me) is also stating that the tentative next title in the Generic FPS franchise will be slated for a Nov 5th, 2014 release. It will be available on everything and it'll be a huge hit for 12 year olds everywhere.

#3 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 23:40

CoD is deemed as generic and gets a bad rap from the amount of kids on it. But the franchise as milked as it is, is simply well made.

There's a reason MLG went from Halo to CoD

#4 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 23:53

CoD is deemed as generic and gets a bad rap from the amount of kids on it. But the franchise as milked as it is, is simply well made.

There's a reason MLG went from Halo to CoD

Being well-made and generic at the same time is completely feasible.

It's generic because it's generic, it's practically the same game each time with minor innovations to keep people from realizing they didn't need to buy this version to have practically the exact same experience they are having now since the older game is basically this game. This is the basic definition of generic, and has nothing to do with quality.

Is it worth $99 (AUD)? On it's own, probably yes, if you like this kind of game.
Is it worth $99 if you already own the last iteration? No, not at all, not to me anyways.

#5 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,091 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:46

It's generic because it's generic, it's practically the same game each time with minor innovations to keep people from realizing they didn't need to buy this version to have practically the exact same experience they are having now since the older game is basically this game. This is the basic definition of generic, and has nothing to do with quality.

Is it worth $99 (AUD)? On it's own, probably yes, if you like this kind of game.
Is it worth $99 if you already own the last iteration? No, not at all, not to me anyways.

I reckon EB will release this at $119.95 here in Australia. And ********s will still buy it.

#6 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 00:23

Agreed

The only Cod games I do own are MW(my first), and Blops2, I really got this one(blops2) because of the amount of changes they did for multiplayer and the campaign was really good