Killer is Dead slated for August in Europe

x88gyIN.jpg

Suda 51 and Grasshopper Manufacture's latest neon hack-and-slash opus Killer is Dead is shooting for an August release in Europe on Xbox 360 and PS3, according to the latest trailer.

The recently released video shows off the sure to be controversial "Gigolo Mode," which is sort of like Batman's "Detective Mode," only instead of allowing you to see through walls, it lets you see through women's clothes.

Maybe this isn't a surprise from the studio that brought us Lollipop Chainsaw and the publisher that brought us severed corpse ###### as a special edition bonus, but Suda sees the controversy towards his use of sexual themes as a cultural miscommunication. "I think Western publishers do similar things, like with GTA, going out to a strip club and other things," Suda said in an interview with Eurogamer in our Killer is Dead preview. "But I do understand that if a Western developer was to create something like [Gigolo mode] it could backfire."

"I don't really use [sex] as something full frontal, but sexuality is a good way to express a certain element in the game," he added. "Maybe sexuality in games shouldn't be as big a taboo, but at the same time I live in a country where sexuality is pretty crazy."