official online only fps coop

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:41

https://warframe.com/

This game is pretty damn good for free to play. I wouldn't call it great yet but it is close, and a hell of a lot better than 99% of other free games IMO.

You fight through various segments of a ship or base at planets in the solar systems.

You start with one of three Frames and work your way up the food chain. Each Frame has four unique abilities as default and can be modded as you level up (weapons also level up and can be modded.) The game never forces you to spend money, but it is damn hard to get new Frames without it once you've leveled up the original (it takes a while to get there though.) Some stuff you can't even get in the market, it has to be built (you build stuff with resources you find in the levels and blueprints either in the levels or the marketplace.)

It's in open beta so the content isn't 'done' yet, but it's hard to argue with what they offer now.

As an added bonus, it supports DX11 and has a 64 bit client that's used automatically in a 64 bit OS (with the possible exception of XP x64...don't know.) No idea if that really changes anything, but rare enough for any games much less a free one.

My brother and I will be in there quite a bit for the foreseeable future.

#2 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27

Played with some mates on this and its no bad. Not OMFG 10/10, but deffo a solid 7 or 8/10.

Lotta fun with friends :)

#3 The Gamer

The Gamer

Forerunner

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:14

I just recently downloaded this as well and it's a fairly solid game. Playing with friends is a must, though.

I keep getting glitched gameplay on the 3rd level of the first planet, though.

#4 Krighton_

Krighton_

Neowinian

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:07

It gets really boring after a couple months. Granted its closed beta and there is more to come.

The old mod system was much better, the glammed it up and lost a lot by over doing it I think.

Anyhow, the brightest up and coming game available now is Firefall. Give it a shot if you dare. Give it more than a week and you'll be in love.

#5 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:26

Firefall is yet another dx9 game so I'm ignoring it.

Warframe is damn good. It needs more variety on the levels and audio, but the gameplay is great.

Also, it's on open beta as of update 7, not closed. And 8 is about to be released (from what I can tell, I don't know when.)

#6 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:40

I don't know if this is accurate or not since I don't feel like digging right now but I just found stuff claiming update 8 has more level sets here
http://steamcommunit...38532948375185/

#7 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:01

Warframe is a good game that doesn't require a lot of time commitment to play. If you follow the alert twitter you can jump into an alert and play for 10-15 minutes then quit again until another alert comes up that you're interested in.

And yes, update 8 for Warframe should be out by the end of the week. Clans (which is what the update revolves around) don't interest me to much but new frames, weapons, and tile sets do. So I'm looking forward to it.

Firefall on the other hand. I'm sure there is some good game play in there some where, but I'll be damned if I'm able to find it. The game's performance is absolutely terrible so I've never played it for more than 20 minutes before quickly uninstalling it and hoping it will get better in the future. I've had access to it since the very early betas and nothing has changed as far as performance is concerned in almost a year.

#8 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:03

https://forums.warfr...f-the-warlords/

New levelsets (yay!) new Warframe new weapons new clan system new lots of things. Could still use more level sets but damn good to see new ones.

#9 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:27

If anyone wants to join Chaos Infection we like to play Warframe and have no goals whatsoever :D

#10 .jCliff

.jCliff

Neowinian

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:13

Saw it Steam earlier i might get round to giving it a go, some of those head pieces reminded me of good old MDK.

#11 The Gamer

The Gamer

Forerunner

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:01

If anyone is looking for someone to play with, my friend and I are on occasionally. We're level 20+ on our fire Warframe.

Name: DaddyHitsMe

#12 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:17

I guess this thread needs to be moved to the regular Gamers Hangout thread, Warframe is coming to PS4.

http://www.ign.com/v...o-playstation-4

http://www.ign.com/a...e-coming-to-ps4

https://forums.warfr...ion-4-warframe/

Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.

#13 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:24

If anyone is looking for someone to play with, my friend and I are on occasionally. We're level 20+ on our fire Warframe.

Name: DaddyHitsMe

Oh I saw you on there. I laughed but umm...seriously? Heh. Weird name.

SavagePaladin and my bro is ssstacey...but we're taking a break I think (I finished all the systems and can't seem to find the parts to build another frame so I'm mostly done.)

Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.

I'm all for it spreading out. I think the consoles will make better gaming PCs than the PCs do anymore.

I'd bet the F2P stuff will end up on the X1 too, though I'm not positive.

#14 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:50

Oh I saw you on there. I laughed but umm...seriously? Heh. Weird name.

SavagePaladin and my bro is ssstacey...but we're taking a break I think (I finished all the systems and can't seem to find the parts to build another frame so I'm mostly done.)

I'm all for it spreading out. I think the consoles will make better gaming PCs than the PCs do anymore.

I'd bet the F2P stuff will end up on the X1 too, though I'm not positive.

I don't know about that, k&m will pretty much always be a superior input medium.

And I doubt it will be on the xbox, DE is saying Sony approached them, and not the other way around. And as far as I know, Microsoft with xbox will require a fee to download the game.

#15 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:06

And as far as I know

Might, but they haven't said. Might just require XBL Gold...but again, they haven't said. I'm not convinced MS will stick to the same setup as the 360, although I'm not betting either way.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!