5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots sister

Well apart from your just calling a bunch of members inbred hicks, this is as good a sample as any.

A quick browsing of the NRA site or many of the dozens of "teach kids to shoot" sites merely reinforces my position.

Your society still allows and indeed revels in the "right" to own weapons. That's not a generalization. Your society has failed to legislate against children using weapons. Your society has failed to legislate for reasonable restrictions on weapons.

Thus your society is all too ok with allowing children access to weapons. Your society is all too ok with allowing ANYONE possession of a weapon.

For future reference; please point out where I can obtain the qualification to allow me to generalize about a society. I figure if there's a qualification I should have it..

He didn't call any members anything. What were you just saying about the English language?

As for the rest, we prefer to call it "common sense". We don't need legislation for that. Most people have it, some don't. The mom in this story clearly didn't. If you need the government to tell you when something is bad then I feel sorry for you.

I've been around guns for my entire life. I have never seen a person killed with one and I have never killed a person with one, or anything for that matter (if you don't count milk jugs and paper targets). This goes for my somewhat large family with children ranging from the ages of 2 to 10 who are present when ever we go shooting. We're responsible with our guns and when we use them. When they aren't being used they are kept in a safe with proper locks and the kids have no access to them.

Most guns owners in the US have a similar situation to mine. But you wouldn't know it if you asked people from EU and apparently Australia, who think the US is still the wild west where gun fights happen daily at high noon.

Well apart from your just calling a bunch of members inbred hicks, this is as good a sample as any.

A quick browsing of the NRA site or many of the dozens of "teach kids to shoot" sites merely reinforces my position.

Your society still allows and indeed revels in the "right" to own weapons. That's not a generalization. Your society has failed to legislate against children using weapons. Your society has failed to legislate for reasonable restrictions on weapons.

Thus your society is all too ok with allowing children access to weapons. Your society is all too ok with allowing ANYONE possession of a weapon.

For future reference; please point out where I can obtain the qualification to allow me to generalize about a society. I figure if there's a qualification I should have it..

I never called forum members that, but nice try.

LOL, I swear some people on here think that.

Are you at all surprised so many people have this idea about the states after reading posts from some of the 'pro-gun' people here.

Some here find it way to important to keep hanging on to their weapons

Are you at all surprised so many people have this idea about the states after reading posts from some of the 'pro-gun' people here.

Some here find it way to important to keep hanging on to their weapons

I suppose not. Of course, I don't form opinions about other countries from a forum. It seems...ignorant.

• Like 2

He didn't call any members anything. What were you just saying about the English language?

As for the rest, we prefer to call it "common sense". We don't need legislation for that. Most people have it, some don't. The mom in this story clearly didn't. If you need the government to tell you when something is bad then I feel sorry for you.

I've been around guns for my entire life. I have never seen a person killed with one and I have never killed a person with one, or anything for that matter (if you don't count milk jugs and paper targets). This goes for my somewhat large family with children ranging from the ages of 2 to 10 who are present when ever we go shooting. We're responsible with our guns and when we use them. When they aren't being used they are kept in a safe with proper locks and the kids have no access to them.

Most guns owners in the US have a similar situation to mine. But you wouldn't know it if you asked people from EU and apparently Australia, who think the US is still the wild west where gun fights happen daily at high noon.

Some people know how to handle guns, some don't.

Sadly enough more and more people in the states only like to talk about their rights, but forget about all the responsibilities that come with those so called 'god given' rights.

You also don't find it funny that the same people in government that are pro gun and feel the government shouldn't interfere to much are the ones that want to forbid certain people to get married and have a strong opinion on abortion. You can't have it both ways! Oh and please don't tell me that getting married or abortion is not a 'god given' right, but guns are.

I suppose not. Of course, I don't form opinions about other countries from a forum. It seems...ignorant.

Sure, but it's not just this forum, we have the rest of the internet, news, radio, tv,.....

And on top of that, the larger part of my customers are from the US.

Using all these resources, I still have the same idea about the gun culture in the US

And I'm not even against guns, I was raised with them

He just accidentally mistaken her for a burglar. /s

Seriously the only thing I hear about is people shooting each other.

Have sex, not guns!

I think we can pretty much all agree that the awful parenting here is to blame.

What I fail to understand is the need to start generalizing everyone based on the actions of some idiot. I'm pretty sure we don't need more of that garbage spread around the forums.

• Like 2

Well, my original comment was made referencing forum members talking about their experiences with weapons, but I can see where the misunderstanding lies.. Thus your response, to my reading, was calling them hicks.

Government's policies ought reflect the wants and needs of society. I don't need my government to tell me not to have a gun, but I'm sure glad they told the other ******s.

The interesting thing about your anecdote is that reasonable weapons restrictions wouldn't affect you at all, and would stop the ****wits who aren't you for killing themselves or others through negligence. What I'm suggesting is we mandate people not be dumb****s.

I don't think you have gun fights at high noon, pity about the rest of your country men.. Your country has a (quantifiable) terrible history with guns and gun related deaths. Most people think you're a pack of whack job gun toting retards is because there's a vocal and sufficiently large sample that are..

Congrats on not being one of them.

I never called forum members that, but nice try.

As above.

Well, my original comment was made referencing forum members talking about their experiences with weapons, but I can see where the misunderstanding lies.. Thus your response, to my reading, was calling them hicks.

Government's policies ought reflect the wants and needs of society. I don't need my government to tell me not to have a gun, but I'm sure glad they told the other ******s.

The interesting thing about your anecdote is that reasonable weapons restrictions wouldn't affect you at all, and would stop the ****wits who aren't you for killing themselves or others through negligence. What I'm suggesting is we mandate people not be dumb****s.

I don't think you have gun fights at high noon, pity about the rest of your country men.. Your country has a (quantifiable) terrible history with guns and gun related deaths. Most people think you're a pack of whack job gun toting retards is because there's a vocal and sufficiently large sample that are..

Congrats on not being one of them.

As above.

How would they have stopped this? It was perfectly legal for the mom to buy the gun, even with all the restrictions put in place you want. All the restrictions you could ever dream up would never make her obligated to tell anyone it is going to be a gift for her 5 year old son.

And you can't legislate against stupid, so there is that, as well..

It's fun to play the what if game, but the what if game doesn't actually apply to reality as it is now.

I don't care about the what if game.

I'm simply saying that your society condones it.

You point blank disregarded that in my previous posts.

Regardless of whether it would have stopped it or not, your societies unwillingness to face the issue allows more of these events to occur than should.

A grasp of the English language would have helped you here. I didn't say you were ok with kids being left alone with guns; I said you as a society are ok with children having access to/possession of weapons at all.

At least do me the courtesy of reading my post before replying to something I didn't say..

I don't really care one way or the other and so long as people are responsible with guns I don't have a problem with them owning them (I personally don't own any myself). I just find it somewhat humorous that you're quick to attack trag3dy for reading comprehension when you yourself failed. Quick recap, trag3y said "You really think we're all okay with giving guns to children?" with the we're in that referring to Americans since you made a made this claim, "Leaving a loaded weapon out around children is something American's are all too ok with..". While you didn't call him out by name, you certainly included him when you're making general statements regarding all Americans, given that he himself is an American...so what was that about reading posts again?

• Like 2