A windows 8-like Task Manager for Windows 7 ,work in progress!

if you could add "GPU" to the processes tab your app would have more functionality than the windows 8 task manager, which would be awesome if you could show gpu utilisation and gpu memory utilisation like you can with cpu.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Hanrui,

thanks for the great work. On Windows Server 2008 R2 there are some issues, the links to Ressource Monitor / Fewer Details / More Details are disappearing on mouseover (text color changes to white). There are no Icons for More and Fewer Details - see attachment.

How can I provide translations for other languages so you could add them to your program?

post-509125-0-53368400-1383648744.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hanrui,

I signed up to say thanks for this, and also to post a bug ...

As you can see, DBCTaskMan is incorrectly reporting Memory Available, Committed and Cached.

bug.jpg

Otherwise, this seems to be a very nice replica of the Windows 8 Task Manager.  Nicely done and many thanks.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the new processes tab in Windows 8? I can never find ****. I just click on details.

No, you are not alone. I find it annoying as well, I keep looking in the processes tab even though I know I should be looking into details tab.

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOO, very nice! This is one of the few things that makes me want to use win8: new task manager and new file explorer.

Yeah the feature I love most in Windows 8 is being able to drag and drop files and folders into the breadcrumbs in the address bar. Really nice addition that I miss when having to use older versions of Windows. Such a tiny feature but so helpful!

• 3 weeks later...

first of all i just wanna thanks for this wonderful application aside from its awesome look i find it very useful. I just signed up to say thanks and also ask for some dumb help .. :D

i wanted this application to start up everytime windows loads and i want the application to open the performance task automatically.

What i was trying to do is make it my default monitoring widget and eliminate other widgets that i have.

thank you so much.

The program crashes as soon as i go to the Performance tab..

Version: October 10, 2013

Error: "Whoops" 

Debug: Unhandled exception at 0x000000013fa49215 in DBCTaskman.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000100000159.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Pro (English) SP1 fully updated. 

I'm running the x64 version of the program. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much! Without this i wouldn't be able to use my current windows installation, long story short, installed virus that killed taskmanager and explorer.exe, managed to open chrome to download this and locate and kill the process that killed taskmgr.exe and explorer.exe. Love u for that, will save this tool on my external drive for future use, just in case xD <3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing, too. Is there an update for the program for 2014? I think the last version was from October 2013. It appears to be dead.

I read on another site that you can't even use end task to kill a process. If this is true, is the program even usable? How do you close a program using this program? It looks nice, but is it functional? I don't have Win 8 yet. Still using 7, but I like the look of this as a task manager. Let me know. Thanks!

hi need help

i try this but didn't work

73GHiEU.jpg

rename taksmgr.exe to taksmgr_old.exe put DBCTaskman.exe rename it to taksmgr.exe

0CDOsjn.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hanrui,

I signed up to say thanks for this, and also to post a bug ...

As you can see, DBCTaskMan is incorrectly reporting Memory Available, Committed and Cached.

bug.jpg

Otherwise, this seems to be a very nice replica of the Windows 8 Task Manager.  Nicely done and many thanks

Is this DBCtaskman in the picture   is the X64  edition ???

Finally, I ?m  available now  . I will update the software recently? thanks to everyone.

Ive used your program since april and have loved it :) Looking forward to the update : )