Photo
gaming lionhead peter molyneux xbox 720 next xbox microsoft

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:42

What is Peter Molyneux going to do at Microsoft's next Xbox event May 21st?
by John Callaham

Over a year ago, famed game designer Peter Molyneux decided to depart Lionhead, the UK-based development studio he formed in 1997 and was acquired by Microsoft in 2006. Molyneux has since formed 22cans, a independent game team which has released a mobile app experience called Curiosit. It's also working on a new "god game" project called Godus.

It sounds like he has left all of his ties to Microsoft behind ... or has he? Eurogamer reports that Molyneux might be showing up in Redmond, Washington on May 21st in some kind of mysterious tie-in to Microsoft's official reveal of the next Xbox console.

So what's the deal? Molyneux says he won't be on stage during the event, nor does 22cans have any games in development for the next Xbox. He does say:

There's this opportunity that's come up for me to be involved - it's not from Microsoft by the way - in the Xbox announcement, and I'm probably going to take up that opportunity. I'm sworn to secrecy here. It should be really good fun, and maybe slightly contentious.

We could speculate about what all that means until the cows come home, but it does sound like the next Xbox reveal might not be the only big game related story in Redmond on May 21st. Stay tuned ...

Source: Eurogamer | Image via Wikipedia

#2 matt4444

matt4444

Neowinian

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:46

Me. :p

On a more serious note, it would be great if he announced a game such as Black and White 3, but I know this won't happen as EA own the rights now. :(

#3 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:54

Probably over-promise and under-deliver just like every other game announcement he makes

#4 georgevella

georgevella

Software Developer

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:55

Me. :p

On a more serious note, it would be great if he announced a game such as Black and White 3, but I know this won't happen as EA own the rights now. :(

Damn, B&W3 would be sweet. I wonder how'd it feel to play it / trigger gestures on a touch screen.

#5 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:56

Probably over-promise and under-deliver just like every other game announcement he makes

WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!??!??! THIS GUY WAS A LEGEND! ....... in 1989 .....

#6 matt4444

matt4444

Neowinian

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:59

Damn, B&W3 would be sweet. I wonder how'd it feel to play it / trigger gestures on a touch screen.

It could be pretty good if Smartglass was fully integrated.

#7 lomas

lomas

Neowinian

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:24

Please make sequel for Theme Hospital 2 and Dungeon Keeper 3 :)

#8 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:30

I don't know, but I'm sure it'll be "the most revolutionary things you've ever seen".