kentucky chihuahua health screening worker fired

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,711 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 15:59

You kind of answered your own question there. They scan the microchip since it can't be lost and they then contact the owners (granted it doesn't do much good if you don't keep the registration up to date).

It's a shame something like this happened but if you can't afford the microchip which will cost you maybe $50 bucks, then investing a couple bucks in a collar certainly seems fairly reasonable.

correct. Microchip has all the data of the owner and the pet. so the animal control could of called the onwers. Problem fixed. Here is another solution. Watch your dog better.

#17 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,479 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 21:52

that's way off, Lexington has less than 500,000 people. With that out of the way, I agree with everything else you've mentioned

Well it "feels" like millions to me, :p

#18 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,386 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 03 May 2013 - 22:02

I would so sue the crap out of them if this is my dog. My little yorkie is chipped already and if this were to happen there would not be enough money available to stop my wrath.

Then it wouldn't happen, you're probably a responsible dog owner unlike the family in this story.

#19 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,810 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 03 May 2013 - 22:26

I would so sue the crap out of them if this is my dog. My little yorkie is chipped already and if this were to happen there would not be enough money available to stop my wrath.

Probably wouldn't happen because your dog is chipped and probably wears a collar. Why would you keep a pet without either of those? They aren't exactly expensive...

#20 Digit12345

Digit12345

Neowinian

• 109 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 23:25

I like how they describe it as euthanization when more than likely it's just animal slaughter. Failing a few screening tests automatically qualifies a pet for mercy killing now? Considering the dog was doing just fine the day before it got lost...

And as sensible as it is to tag your pet, some people in here are acting as if it's something you must do or you are at fault. Like you tag your children right?

#21 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,996 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 23:36

Mind-controlling microchips could have easily prevented all this.

I don't think the Illuminati and NWO have much interest in dogs...

:p

#22 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,810 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 04 May 2013 - 00:31

I like how they describe it as euthanization when more than likely it's just animal slaughter. Failing a few screening tests automatically qualifies a pet for mercy killing now? Considering the dog was doing just fine the day before it got lost...

And as sensible as it is to tag your pet, some people in here are acting as if it's something you must do or you are at fault. Like you tag your children right?

Depends on the dog? They said the dog had temperament issues and/or some disease, I dunno.

I'm not saying what happened was right but a lot of shelters have a massive influx of animals they just physically don't have spots for. If it looks like a pet has a low chance of being adopted (aggressive, has medical conditions etc) and there's no space for him...well...

It's really sad but this is what happens when people don't neuter their pets or end up returning the pet they have because they didn't want to put in any effort to train it. And well get a ****ing microchip and a collar, it really isn't that hard or expensive.

#23 shuichi1986

shuichi1986

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 00:35

If this were my dog to say I would feel outrage would be a gross understatement. They would be prying my hands off this vets throat.

#24 Digit12345

Digit12345

Neowinian

• 109 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:28

Depends on the dog? They said the dog had temperament issues and/or some disease, I dunno.

I'm not saying what happened was right but a lot of shelters have a massive influx of animals they just physically don't have spots for. If it looks like a pet has a low chance of being adopted (aggressive, has medical conditions etc) and there's no space for him...well...

It's really sad but this is what happens when people don't neuter their pets or end up returning the pet they have because they didn't want to put in any effort to train it. And well get a ****ing microchip and a collar, it really isn't that hard or expensive.

Yeah, I agree that it's unfortunate measures like this have to be taken because there aren't enough resources. I just think it's a sad state of affairs how dispensable pets are treated in general.