11 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:44

Grand Theft Auto V previews: better combat and customization
by John Callaham

Grand Theft Auto V isn't due out until September, but Rockstar Games recently gave a number of media outlets a chance to view (but not play) a pre-release version of the open world action sequel, running on PS3. The game is still planned for an Xbox 360 launch as well.

Polygon reports that while the game looked great in some parts, there were times where low-res textures and models could be seen in the distance when the player is flying overhead. The detailed facial animations that were shown in this week's new trailers were also not seen in the press build.

The press demo did show how the three main characters (Franklin, Trevor and Michael) interact with the vast game world of Los Santos, which is supposed to be three times the size of the map in Red Dead Redemption. The entire game world will also be unlocked when you start playing, which means that you can explore without having to play specific missions to unlock sections of the game world.

Each of the three main characters will have a unique skill in Grant Theft Auto V and players can switch to the viewpoint of each character when they are not dealing with a specific mission. Character customization such as adding tattoos or changing hair styles are promised, as are better combat features.

There will also be a number of side activities in the game like skydiving, scuba diving, golf and more. All in all, it's looking like it will be a worthy addition to the long running franchise. Grand Theft Auto IV is due out on September 17th.

Source: Polygon | Image via Rockstar Games

#2 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,560 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:36

"Due out on September 17th on consoles"

Fixed that.

#3 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,860 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:44

what happened to PC love. We just get left in the dust these days and get shoddy ports half the time :(

#4 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,633 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:51

Grand Theft Auto IV is due out on September 17th.

Really now? :rofl:

#5 Master of Earth

Master of Earth

Neowinian

• 732 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 16:23

All around the world own a PC. Half of the world don't own a XBOX 360. Rockstar need to stop hesitate whether or not GTA V will come to PC. It should be the top priority from day one for developing the PC Version. Given the fact that PC has all the power that a console could only dream.

#6 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,028 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 03 May 2013 - 16:29

what happened to PC love. We just get left in the dust these days and get shoddy ports half the time :(

Rockstar decided it was more profitable to enter into exclusive agreements with Microsoft and Sony.

#7 tytytucke

tytytucke

Neowinian

• 711 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 17:07

They should of stop being stubborn along time ago and admitted that the current gen consoles limit their game.
Skip current gen and wait for next gen.

#8 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,907 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 03 May 2013 - 17:09

Hopefully GTA5 being delayed means that it wont be a shoddy port.

#9 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 17:18

All around the world own a PC. Half of the world don't own a XBOX 360. Rockstar need to stop hesitate whether or not GTA V will come to PC. It should be the top priority from day one for developing the PC Version. Given the fact that PC has all the power that a console could only dream.

That's why console games sell in the millions and PC games barely sell hundreds of thousands.

Consoles are a bigger market end of story.

They should of stop being stubborn along time ago and admitted that the current gen consoles limit their game.
Skip current gen and wait for next gen.

The game has been in development since GTA4 in 2008, they can't just throw out all the work they have done to make it next gen.

#10 SiCKX

SiCKX

Cannibal

• 1,258 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 17:21

All around the world own a PC. Half of the world don't own a XBOX 360.

How many of that "all" can dream of running GTAV at decent speeds?

#11 jbarcus81

jbarcus81

American

• 1,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 17:23

Looks like fun! Can't wait!!

#12 spoetnik

spoetnik

Neowinian

• 228 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 13:51

pretty sure they didn't port GTA 4 it was coded along side of the console versions, so...
i don't think we can that a port and i also doubt they are doing it different for part 5.

glad to hear about player custom options that is one thing i complained about since 4 was released.
that fact that they stripped out so many features on 4 really made 4 the most boring GTA game to me of them all.

I bought part 4 and i pirated it first and after i bought the game i installed it from downloaded iso's
and used cracks etc. i also registered my cd key and never went online 1 time.
I bought the game because i wanted to support them.

they have not announced a pc version yet but a ton of info has been leaked such as promo materials in some countries
so i think its safe to say a pc version is coming but their comments to a magazine way back was not what we wanted to hear lol
they totaly made it sound like they were thinking about doing a pc version and they may not and they don't have to..
and yeah the do ! lol

Screw consoles and i am not buying one just to play GTA !
Part 6 better have the PC version out at the same time.
And spare me the pc vs console piracy garbage.. consoles are pirated hardcore !

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!