Photo

New monitor, return for same model or refund?

monitor asus

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:42

I just got myself a new monitor, an ASUS VE278Q. It's a great looking monitor, with great color but I've noticed the reds bleed really badly. To the point where some red text is almost illegible. Is this a common problem? Obviously I need to return this monitor but should it be for an exchange or a return? In the reviews I read, there was no mention of this issue so it must be a defective unit... right?

There is also a dead pixel that is very obvious..

Here's the monitor. I got it from Newegg:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824236103

#2 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:47

Is this the problem you're having? If so, there is a fix there as I see you have an AMD card.

As for the dead pixel...if it's annoying, then either get used to it or return it :p

#3 OP +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:52

Is this the problem you're having? If so, there is a fix there as I see you have an AMD card.

As for the dead pixel...if it's annoying, then either get used to it or return it :p

Wow, that's amazing. That did it! Thank you. The dead pixel though.. I probably will have to exchange the monitor but at least I know it can be for the same model.

#4 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:53

Return it and get this. http://amzn.com/B009H0XQPA

#5 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:56

i agree with xendrome, Dell monitors are generally the best quality you can get (honestly that's all that dell is good for anymore lol. personal opinion btw)

#6 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:58

i agree with xendrome, Dell monitors are generally the best quality you can get (honestly that's all that dell is good for anymore lol. personal opinion btw)

I'd have to disagree, but I deal with Optiplex Desktops, Latitude Laptops and Poweredge Servers. I don't really know much about their consumer line. But the Dell IPS monitor has excellent reviews, I have one, it's worth the price.

#7 OP +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:58

Return it and get this. http://amzn.com/B009H0XQPA

I'll have to think about that. It doesn't have DisplayPort like the ASUS model does. Also, the Dell site states this monitor has a 7ms response time. The ASUS monitor has a 2ms response time.

#8 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 May 2013 - 23:08

I'll have to think about that. It doesn't have DisplayPort like the ASUS model does. Also, the Dell site states this monitor has a 7ms response time. The ASUS monitor has a 2ms response time.

if you're actually using display port then yeah i can see that. as far as the response time though, unless you're a pro PRO gamer with super twitch response time I doubt you'll even notice or care about the 5ms difference in real world use

#9 OP +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 May 2013 - 23:15

if you're actually using display port then yeah i can see that. as far as the response time though, unless you're a pro PRO gamer with super twitch response time I doubt you'll even notice or care about the 5ms difference in real world use

I am upgrading from an Acer B223W which has a 5ms response time. I could definitely notice tearing on it and I definitely notice an improvement in the ASUS.

#10 monknster

monknster

monknster kill

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 02 May 2013 - 23:35

I think being IPS model outweighs having higher response time. To each its own but once you go IPS, albeit lower end IPS model you won't go back.

#11 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 00:19

as monknster said, to each their own on what is preferred. with them both being pretty close to the same price it really comes down to opinion on what you want from the monitor :)

#12 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• Phone: SQNY D5503

Posted 03 May 2013 - 13:05

I am upgrading from an Acer B223W which has a 5ms response time. I could definitely notice tearing on it and I definitely notice an improvement in the ASUS.

Tearing has nothing at all to do with response time. Either you are confusing it with ghosting or you are seeing ghosts as such.

#13 OP +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 14:01

Tearing has nothing at all to do with response time. Either you are confusing it with ghosting or you are seeing ghosts as such.

Ghosting it is then.