xbox.next xbox fusion

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:33

The problem is for a name that's stupid. Basically 360 means revolution, what does 720 mean? Nothing. By that logic should the PS4 be called the PS6 instead? PS3+PS3=PS6. Windows 8 should have been Windows 14 I guess. It was an idiotic idea and it's not going to happen, time to let it go.

To be fair, nothing makes sense for the 360 successor name until Microsoft names it themselves. I fail to see how the name "720" is any worse than the other code names Microsoft has come up with over the years (or even actual release names for that matter). At least from a gamer standpoint of someone who might have enjoyed the hell out of Tony Hawk games growing up, 720 still makes sense being another full rotation. If you want to get all mathy about it, chances are you're thinking way too hard on something that's completely irrelevant anyway. :ermm:

We could have called it Delta after all.

Posted Image

#17 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:27

Xbox Fusion sounds more like a service of some kind than a console, I think that's more likely.

#18 Packet1009

Packet1009

Neowinian

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:41

I like the name Fusion but they really need to stick to some standardization.
Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox Fusion, Xbox <insert-something-else>

there's no logical progression.
Also, in a way, kind of hate the way all these bits of info come out - leaving no 'mystery' ...now it's 'yeah, well, it'll most likely be called fusion' </grumpy>

#19 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 08 May 2013 - 15:44

I like the name Fusion but they really need to stick to some standardization.
Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox Fusion, Xbox <insert-something-else>

there's no logical progression.
Also, in a way, kind of hate the way all these bits of info come out - leaving no 'mystery' ...now it's 'yeah, well, it'll most likely be called fusion' </grumpy>

Yeah it's the battle Nintendo/MS will face each gen, thinking of a name. Wii U is atrocious. Sony made it safe and easy on themselves, and quite literally even the 'dumbest' of consumers know how to differentiate old from new. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

Infinity reminds me of a car, fusion sounds more like a service and/or energy drink. I think MS might be playing on the idea of 'fusing' though, like fusing media/games/TV into one box.

#20 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 08 May 2013 - 17:48

I don't really care what the name is so long as the branding concepts are as good as the 360's.

#21 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:57

It's not bad, though I also preferred the Infinity name that was rumored like others mentioned though Fusion isn't that bad and somewhat makes sense with what they seem to be wanting to do with it. Once they start marketing it then it won't matter at all anymore and everyone will get used to it (much like they did with the Wii). Though it's clearly evident someone at MS likes American cars :p

#22 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 09 May 2013 - 17:42

Yeah it's the battle Nintendo/MS will face each gen, thinking of a name. Wii U is atrocious. Sony made it safe and easy on themselves, and quite literally even the 'dumbest' of consumers know how to differentiate old from new. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

Infinity reminds me of a car, fusion sounds more like a service and/or energy drink. I think MS might be playing on the idea of 'fusing' though, like fusing media/games/TV into one box.

PSP, PSP Go, PS Vita...Sony is in the same mess.

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 09 May 2013 - 18:23

They should just stick to 1, 2, and 3. :p

#24 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:27

You don't have to worry about "Infinity". :p

http://www.reddit.co...ks_a_fake_xbox/

#25 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:35

XBox-Con-Fusion