6 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 656 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 20:36

Microsoft and Zen Studios bring Pinball FX2 to Steam May 10th
by John Callaham

Zen Studios has brought its virtual pinball games to a ton of different platforms, including Windows 8 on the PC. But what about all those other Windows 7 users? Today, Zen Studios announced they will be getting some love as well as publisher Microsoft Studios brings Pinball FX2 to that platform via Valve's Steam service.

The actual release date for the Steam version is May 10th and just like the versions of the game for the other platforms, users can download the basic game for free. The Steam version will also have access to all of the paid DLC pinball packs for the game, including all of the Marvel and Star Wars pinball tables. Each DLC pack will be sold for $9.99. Unfortunately, people who have already bought DLC packs for the Windows 8 version of Pinball FX2 will find that those packs cannot be transferred over to the Steam/Windows 7 version.

Zen Studios pledged to continue to add new DLC packs for the Steam version of Pinball FX2, as it has for all the other platforms. The developer also has two more new games in the works; the tower defense title CastleStorm and the fighting-music rhythm hybrid game Kick Beat.

Source: Zen Studios

#2 sagum

sagum

Unicorn Doctor

• 1,711 posts
  • Phone: LG E900 & Lumia` 610/520/920

Posted 03 May 2013 - 21:40

Zen Studios have done an amazing job on the pinball arcade front. It's nice to see both Microsoft and Zen Studios embracing steam. Hopefully its a full steam integration without games for windows tacked on.
Still, $9.99 for a tablet is quite expensive. I think I'll stick to playing it on the 360 for now..

#3 Jaybonaut

Jaybonaut

Neowinian

• 568 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 23:15

I would MUCH rather have Pinball Arcade sent to Steam, as they are careful recreations of actual pinball machines. I am still waiting for them to make a Black Knight 2000 table - most epic music ever!

#4 dr_crabman

dr_crabman

Neowinian

• 494 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 13:42

I would MUCH rather have Pinball Arcade sent to Steam, as they are careful recreations of actual pinball machines.

PA has been greenlit, so it's only a matter of time.

After winning FX2 last week (thx again Neowin/Fezmid for the code) and putting a few hours into it I can say that it's just a different game than PA (which I own on PS3). More fast paced, more action and generally considerably easier. The physics certainly are less realistic but I think it works very well after getting used to it and I love some of the tables (Clone Wars has been my favorite so far). PA and FX2 compliment each other perfectly.

#5 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• 3,395 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 13 May 2013 - 13:47

Nice. Though I wish they would bring it to Windows Phone....

#6 dr_crabman

dr_crabman

Neowinian

• 494 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 13:54

Nice. Though I wish they would bring it to Windows Phone....

Wikipedia says it's coming. TBA 2013.

#7 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• 3,395 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 13 May 2013 - 14:44

Wikipedia says it's coming. TBA 2013.

Hmm, a post on their board says other, https://forum.zenstu...ull=1#post43333

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!