• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:06

Posted Image

A source told CVG that Wii U releases are slim this spring due to an initiative at Nintendo to stop most first-party releases until the summer patch is out, which will further improve the system. This follows April's patch which sped up load times by 15 seconds, in some instances.

Once the patch is out, Mario Wii U (not official title) will come out by October. Mario Kart andSuper Smash. entries for the Wii U, all of which are to be shown at E3 next month, may follow. One source told CVG that Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and Wii Fit U were all delayed for the patch, ostensibly so the games received less criticism for load times. Another source, however, denied Nintendo intentionally delaying game releases.

"From July onwards we will launch a succession of Wii U titles and we will promote these extensively until the end of the year," Shelly Pearce, the PR director at Nintendo UK, told CVG.

This is all just speculation from sources that come from unknown places, but the noticable lack of Wii U releases since launch can be explained by this strategy. After all, why risk mediocre reviews tied to long load times when a patch that will fix them (along with other issues) is just around the corner?

If the rumors are true, we'll have a smooth console experience with all the Nintendo staples this fall. The year that came before will soon be forgotten.

Nintendo plots Wii U resurgence with 3D Mario by October [CVG]

#2 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:17

Is this the worst console launch or what?

It'll get better but this is rough as a cactus to the butt.

#3 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:16

I think compl3x's signature says it all.

#4 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:22

A patch that improved load times by 15 seconds... Are you joking me?
This console should never have left the drawing board.

#5 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:57

They jumped the gun trying to print more money but reality bit them in the ass. Sometimes we all need it as a reminder to do good work.

#6 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:21

The longer they delay first party releases the worse the Wii U will do.

#7 hhernan

hhernan

Neowinian

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:29

I own it and I think it's a good console since the patch was released and will become even better with the summer patch and the new games releases.

#8 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 May 2013 - 14:13

I am certainly enjoying my play through of Lego City Undercover but I'll admit that the loading times from boot up, to starting the game, to loading the next mission can be painfully slow. It's a shame too, the game pad usage in Lego City has been done perfectly and few will end up playing it.

#9 greenwizard88

greenwizard88

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 May 2013 - 14:21

I am certainly enjoying my play through of Lego City Undercover but I'll admit that the loading times from boot up, to starting the game, to loading the next mission can be painfully slow. It's a shame too, the game pad usage in Lego City has been done perfectly and few will end up playing it.

I worked at Toys R us last Christmas, and parents were coming in asking for the game back then. It'll sell, and it'll sell well. If the parents feel like spending $300 for a WiiU. N's biggest problem is that parents expect gaming consoles to be $129 with Mario or Skylander.

#10 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:49

You seriously think loading times are that significant of a problem? I guess you forgot about another company who knowingly rushed a defective console out the door back at the start of this console gen.

#11 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:46

You seriously think loading times are that significant of a problem? I guess you forgot about another company who knowingly rushed a defective console out the door back at the start of this console gen.

That's the spirit...

#12 OP compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:54

You seriously think loading times are that significant of a problem?

I always consider slow loading to be a frustrating problem.

#13 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:56

Yes, loading times when they are as bad as on the WiiU is worse than a company releasing a console with an unknown fault that only appeared after 6-12 months of heat/cold cycles of daily turning it on and of, and then offering 5+ year free warranty repairs on the fault.

#14 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07

Yes, loading times when they are as bad as on the WiiU is worse than a company releasing a console with an unknown fault that only appeared after 6-12 months of heat/cold cycles of daily turning it on and of, and then offering 5+ year free warranty repairs on the fault.

Nah, i'm pretty sure a few extra seconds of a loading screen is alot better than potentially going weeks without the console at all while you wait for it to be fixed after it died very prematurely due to design flaws.

#15 Ian William

Ian William

Open until midnight or later . . . sometimes later.

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07

You seriously think loading times are that significant of a problem?

Why don't you try to use a Wii U without the update from April, and let us know how enjoyable the experience is? We can wait. :p