Moderating is a thankless task

• 9 months later...

As a moderator on another community,I can say the thread's tittle is just right.

Most of the members did take a victim attitude in front of the Staff,misjudging their decisions (e.g:me) in order to find a way to be offended.

When I'm on the other side,I can see how's it really.

So,thanks for keeping the things right,Neowin team.   

• 5 months later...

The best moderators,& the one's most respected, are those that arn't ###### with power.

I once saw on the Rainmeter forum someone asking a question about a uTorrent skin.The question was duly answered but then some high handed,supercilious moderator chipped in posting to the forum member,make sure you do not download anything you shouldn't do or words to that effect!

I said,who the hell do you think you are?It's none of your business what people do with their computers,least of all forum moderators.Needless to say the moderator removed their comment!

• 5 months later...
On 1/18/2016 at 1:39 PM, catweazel said:

The best moderators,& the one's most respected, are those that arn't ###### with power.

I once saw on the Rainmeter forum someone asking a question about a uTorrent skin.The question was duly answered but then some high handed,supercilious moderator chipped in posting to the forum member,make sure you do not download anything you shouldn't do or words to that effect!

I said,who the hell do you think you are?It's none of your business what people do with their computers,least of all forum moderators.Needless to say the moderator removed their comment!

"but then some high handed,supercilious moderator chipped in posting to the forum member,make sure you do not download anything you shouldn't do or words to that effect"

Sounds like the moderator was just reminding the person not to download some unknown file and possibly infecting their machine. Hardly sounds anything at all like some supercilious person. Sounds more like some one reading to much into it as so many people like to do on the internet.

As topic states though, moderating is definitely a very thankless job! ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/9/2016 at 7:02 PM, LimeMaster said:

Ah well, no harm done.

ass kisser

edit: I 

@Damien Reynolds   @whoelse 

forget :p 

On topic, Guess i should thank

@Nick H. @Marshall@skiver .. ah ffsake it broke...  @Skiver

@Victor Rambo  we need gifs here also ! 

edit: I hate the @name thingy just wont work sometimes 

Edited by Draconian Guppy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

ass kisser

edit: I 

@Damien Reynolds   @whoelse 

forget :p 

On topic, Guess i should thank

@Nick H. @Marshall@skiver .. ah ffsake it broke...  @Skiver

@Victor Rambo  we need gifs here also ! 

edit: I hate the @name thingy just wont work sometimes 

You need to @Cap the names, Draco.......

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Wouldnt call it thankless.  I thanked a mod a few times this week already.  Does not go unnoticed and as long as it is not bad news towards MODs, then that is a good thing.

Thank you! :)

• Steven P. unlocked this topic