75 replies to this topic

#61 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 June 2013 - 18:59

That doesn't sound like a "thanks" that sounds like work. :p

Nonetheless, I would be game for it.

Same, I suppose, although I have no idea what sort of questions people would have for us. We're just like they are only someone approached us with a magic green cloak one day >.>

#62 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 15 June 2013 - 19:02

I've had my run in with a mod before but, in reality, when one is honest with themselves, the mods are pretty fair..

#63 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 15 June 2013 - 19:19

Same, I suppose, although I have no idea what sort of questions people would have for us. We're just like they are only someone approached us with a magic green cloak one day >.>

Will you marry me?

Ah, sorry, Anaron... no, no, I didn't mean it... no, the other... I... yes, look... no...

#64 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:13

Will you marry me?

She's taken :angry:

JK

#65 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:16

Awesome! See how good the first round of questions turned out! Next week, same thread, same time... :laugh:

#66 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:21

Well, to be honest, I don't know. It's not me I know that much. :p

#67 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:36

I'm a little late to the game, but better late than never, I suppose. Thank you Neobond and all of the staff/mods/gmods, if it weren't for all of you, this site wouldn't be as awesome as it is today. It has truly evolved into a site that can only be explained in one word, and that word is majestical. I say this because it has helped me in the past, and I look forward to the awesome future! Cheers you guys/gals! (Y)

#68 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:40

I'm a little late to the game, but better late than never, I suppose. Thank you Neobond and all of the staff/mods/gmods, if it weren't for all of you, this site wouldn't be as awesome as it is today. It has truly evolved into a site that can only be explained in one word, and that word is majestical. I say this because it has helped me in the past, and I look forward to the awesome future! Cheers you guys/gals! (Y)

Thanks for the kind words!

And Happy Birthday!

#69 einsteinbqat

einsteinbqat

Neowinian

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:27

True. Being a mod is not easy because you get blame for any reason. I should know.

I take a poke at Marshall sometimes because he somehow always end up being on my case (2 warnings, 1 closed thread), but it's never out of spite or retaliation. It's always with good humour just like I would hit or punch my best friend for the fun of it.

I always accept and respect the decision that was made. I may not like it at first, but I own up to it, and move on. Mods and staff are there to do the job appointed to them. So yeah, I may take a jab at a mod in a post, but it's never to retaliate. It's always light-minded, and usually to point at my own flaws.

I know it's not easy to convey a feeling or a good feeling to something written when you cannot tell by the sound of the voice, but I'm saying it here. You guys are doing a great, and difficult task. And if I have ever written anything that you may have felt like an attack chances are that I did not mean it in any way , and I probably just forgot to put a sh*tload of emotes.

#70 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:30

True. Being a mod is not easy because you get blame for any reason. I should know.

I take a poke at Marshall sometimes because he somehow always end up being on my case (2 warnings, 1 closed thread), but it's never out of spite or retaliation. It's always with good humour just like I would hit or punch my best friend for the fun of hit.

I always accept and respect the decision that was made. I may not like it at first, but I own up to it, and move on. Mods and staff are there to do the job appointed to them. So yeah, I may take a jab at a mod in a post, but it's never to retaliate. It's always light-minded, and usually to point at my own flaws.

Really? I don't, I take every opportunity to poke fun at Marshall, it's fun in itself :D

#71 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:10

I was warned back in 2011 :(

But none the less, thank you to the Neowin Staff!

#72 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:19

The key to not getting warnings is (1) putting a picture of pooh bear (it makes mods read shenanigans as nicer than it is) and (2) not posting for a decade.

#73 +Kyle

Kyle

Resident One Name Wonder

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:30

I for one think the best part of having moderators is making fun of them. 

#74 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:31

I for one think the best part of having moderators is making fun of them. 

Yup, I'm yet to meet a member of staff here who doesn't have a sense of humour

#75 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:18

Can some moderators do their "thankless" job and not close topics on ongoing issues just because one or two members snapped and jumped to insults? Warn, ban, whatever if you must but keep the bloody topic open. Might also help if the moderator closing the topic has a personal view opposing said topic.

It seems that, when discussions get heated, the go to solution is close it down, leaving anyone interested twiddling their thumbs, just because they can't handle, you know, moderating.