How long do you keep boxes for?

until the wife starts fussing about empty boxes in the basement, then I usually pile them up in the fire pit and Voila....no more boxes

I tend to keep the boxes until I either decide to get rid of them or if I think there will never be a need for them.

I just moved less than a month ago and the original packaging for my monitor came in handy to protect it from being scratched up during the move. WIth that said though, moving the other boxes which I kept that we couldn't use to repack with we had to either get rid of them which was quite a bit (Thinks like laptop boxes, component boxes etc), became quite a recycle hassle. So, as of now, I am sort of maintaining a policy of not keeping boxes for new items I purchase.

After all, for warranty returns, I can simply go to a store, buy a box and material and ship it back. (Warranty returns rarely happen around here anyway) As for returnable items...rarley happens and if so, I generally suspect I might need to so I keep the box for a while. When I had to ship my iMac back to Apple, I must say though the original box came in handy!

I usually keep them long enough to forget about them, then when I find them I chuck them out. It gives me a sense of security in case I have to send anything back, otherwise I'd just recycle them immediately.

For components I keep the box until I upgrade that component then I can resell with the box.

Boxes for tablets etc I tend to keep until any warranty expires then it gets binned.

Until either it's too late to return it to the store or the box falls out of the closet and hits me on the head, whichever comes first. :)

That's me. My wife usually throws them away sometimes after that and I discover it a few months later. :D

Usually until I get new products lol. Definitely not a good thing to keep boxes too long. You don't want silverfish or anything running around after all.

Would love to build a box-fort though. Maybe this is why I don't work in a warehouse...

As long as it takes me to fold it and put it into my recycling bin :p

Pretty much this as I live by myself and don't want a ton of boxes crowding my apartment.