First Look at Shailene Woodley as Tris in

UlCH.png

If you?ve been paying any kind of attention, then you should know that we at Teen.com are Divergent fiends. Which is why the picture you see above is sending us over the edge as we write this out. It?s a first-look image at the book-to-movie adaptation?s heroine, Beatrice ?Tris? Prior!

The Veronica Roth novel, which will reach its conclusion with Allegiant come October 2013, is set in a dystopian world where society is divided up into five factions: Abnegation (for The Selfless), Erudite (for The Intelligent), Amity (for The Peaceful), Candor (for The Honest), and Dauntless (for The Brave). Main character Tris chooses to leave the faction in which she was born, Abnegation, for Dauntless, where she must face a series of tests meant to weed out the weak. As you'll see in the image above, Tris (played by Shailene Woodley) is taking the place of a fellow Dauntless initiate, and must stand absolutely still ? without flinching! ? while knives are thrown at her head.

In her Entertainment Weekly interview, Shailene says of the scene, ?It?s about being selfless and standing up for what?s right.? But don't worry too much about those knives: ?They?re just rubber.?

As for how she?s getting along with her fellow Dauntless castmates, including Theo James (Four) and Zoe Kravitz (Christina), Shai says, ?It?s a good group. We're hanging out on weekends, celebrating birthdays. Everyone just wants to get to know one another. It?s rare to get a big group together and not have any conflicts. It?s really kind of amazing.?

Divergent is scheduled for release on March 21, 2014.

http://www.teen.com/2013/04/24/movies/divergent-tris-knives-picture-shailene-woodley-still/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This films looks kinda interesting but a bit bleak as well. The trailer didn't really do it for me yet :p

Read the plot just now and it actually sounds better than I had expected.

I have never read the book but Shailene is cute and the story looks solid!

I have never read the book but Shailene is cute and the story looks solid!

Haha, true that @ both. I've never read the book either but the story sounds intriguing. Almost a bit like Hunger Games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...