I've got the worst virus of my life, please help

Lets not forget to talk about how you got infected in the first place. Because if you don't fix it, you may be reinfected very quickly.

The most likely cause is an out of date version of Java on your machine. If you know you don't need it or think you don't need it uninstall it. Other applications which are targeted by exploits are Flash and adobe reader.

So its VERY VERY important that you keep your system current with the latest windows updates and keep the 3rd party applications listed above up date as well.

A great application to do so is called Patchmypc located at http://www.patchmypc.net in a single click it will automatically update all the important 3rd party applications all with 1 click.

There is some useful stuff in this thread:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1149774-unknown-scareware/

Get one of the anti-virus boot CDs and see if that can remove the virus.

Kapersky Av Rescue CD cleans up the FBI "virus" scareware. Ive used it on approx. 20 infections work level and about another 5 personally on friends n families PCs. Ive personally had a 100% success rate with Kapersky Bootcd.

https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk

Its a driveby payload due to an outdated version of Java on your machine ;)

glad you got it sorted - I have not had to deal with this one yet.. But it took a picture off your webcam?? That is a freaking awesome.. You have to give creds to some of these guys.

Kind of hoping one of friends or family run into this one - just so I can lmao :)

So how much was the fine they wanted you to pay?

Its also checks your locale and spits up the region specific "Police" Organisation. :) we get the Metropolitan Police logo (pity that only has effect in London and im in Scotland lol) pretty convincing though. I think it was either ?50 or ?500 to remove. Lol Kapersky did that for ?0 :p

Some variants of the FBI/DOJ virus can't be removed unless hours and hours are spent on it. I have had a few instances where I tried multiple removal/scanners in safe mode, booted off scanner discs from outside the OS, etc. etc. and none of them worked. Most of the time it's not that tough, just don't be too angry if you can't 100% clean it up. Just not possible in all cases.

Some variants of the FBI/DOJ virus can't be removed unless hours and hours are spent on it. I have had a few instances where I tried multiple removal/scanners in safe mode, booted off scanner discs from outside the OS, etc. etc. and none of them worked. Most of the time it's not that tough, just don't be too angry if you can't 100% clean it up. Just not possible in all cases.

I've never actually seen one that wasn't a single exe or dll cause the issues in appdata\local \appdata\roaming \appdata\(username) or c:\programdata. I mean sure sometimes there were some other critters, but they were always in the same directory of the exe or dll file causing the issue. In all cases just booting off a bartpe disc / USB and deleting them by hand let me get back into windows.

glad you got it sorted - I have not had to deal with this one yet.. But it took a picture off your webcam?? That is a freaking awesome.. You have to give creds to some of these guys.

Kind of hoping one of friends or family run into this one - just so I can lmao :)

So how much was the fine they wanted you to pay?

and i wish you will never have to deal with it =) and no one else too, of course. yes, when i saw blue light i immediately turn away my laptop but it still snapped it. i swear it's really really scary, you don't really think straight at the moment. only later i saw the poor language and commercials. as far as i remember, they wanted 100?, but im not sure

oh and of course, i credited a guy in a post just above yours! will be forever thankful to everyone, such an amazing community to run into

Lets not forget to talk about how you got infected in the first place. Because if you don't fix it, you may be reinfected very quickly.

The most likely cause is an out of date version of Java on your machine. If you know you don't need it or think you don't need it uninstall it. Other applications which are targeted by exploits are Flash and adobe reader.

So its VERY VERY important that you keep your system current with the latest windows updates and keep the 3rd party applications listed above up date as well.

A great application to do so is called Patchmypc located at http://www.patchmypc.net in a single click it will automatically update all the important 3rd party applications all with 1 click.

Tbh i've just uninstalled Java as i read it from your comment. I really don't think i need it, thanks! but as for flash and adobe, i actually need those. i mean, i wasn't able to watch some videos w/o them and sometimes i was running an older version and the same problem occurred. so do you think it's still better to unstall it? it's kinda funny one thing is so needed but at the same time suspected as dangerous.

and omg thank you so much for this piece of advice! i will sure download it. i try to take as much as possible from this thread, because u guys pointed out on so many important programs i've never even heard off! oh, and to add, my newly downloaded malwarebytes detected 2 trojans, my gawd, i dont know, was it either that FBI thing or something else laying somewhere, however, i got rid of them, thanks to the program.

so if i can ask you, what else beside Patchmypc do you recommend to use it?

thanks again to everyone for great responce..